Fuel pump died.

Alright, so a couple of days ago i left home, got like 500m down the street and the car died. Def. the fuel pump, because its not priming on ACC. So, question is, is it the actual pump that crapped out or some shitty electrical problem. Really don’t feel like tracing all the wiring. My guess is that it is the pump, because it started fine, ran for a bit then just died while driving.

As far as checking things, so far i’ve checked the fuse/relay and theyr fine.

All input welcome. Need to get this thing driving.

whens the funeral?

you can check your fuel pump fuse
edit: sorry, i didn’t read your whole post.

like i said, fuel pump fuse is fine.

if fuse and relay are fine…time for a walboro

did u check to see that the ignition switch is triggering the relay? or some other way?

yea when its on ACC i can hear the relay click. not sure if its the right one tho. but i did take it out, and switch the relay too.

Uh i’m pretty sure the one that does all the clicking isn’t the fuel pump one cause i don’t remember the fuel pump relay clicking. But than again its hard to hear clicks over all that Justin Bieber my neighboors love so much. fags…
If its a s13 the EGI PUMP relay is the fuel pump one and there is a schematic on the top or side (can’t remember which) that shows which is the trigger and which is the main. Just take some wire and jump the main sockets and listen for the pump. That’ll tell you if its the relay or not. You can also remove the relay and using a multimeter check the trigger sockets to see if there is a voltage applied when the car switches to ON. Get somebody to keep switching from ACC to ON and check for the voltage and that’ll tell you if its behind (towards ECU) the relay. If you get a voltage the problem is gonna be after (towards pump) the relay.

Hope that helps

anyone know what this pink line is? bought this pump used off someone on the forum, but every writeup i see doesnt have this pink line. As far as i know, you’re supposed to hook up the +/- terminals and the fuel line.

all input welcome.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

oh and there was a walbro in there. im guessing it just failed? so yea im taking out a walbro and putting a stock one in.

is the wiring on that fuel pump ,that sits in the gas tank…in gas. have the wire exposed ? and one has electrical tape ?

if u took the time to read the post, u can tell that this is the one im trying to put in the car. so its not in yet. im not an idiot. i know spark+open gas=good. oh wait, its bad right?

now if anyone can tell me what that pink line/nozzle is; the thing ziptied to the pump itself. you can see it in the pic.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

k by pink i mean red in the pic. its pinkish in real life…

nooo i saw that , it just looks like the guy before you was running it electrical taped. Btw the red tube is a breather tube , if u see the clamp that has fallen down by the ziptie just slide it up and clamp it onto the nipple that comes out of the pump off centered. not all pumps have them

alright, so wire the +/-, have that line clamped onto the nipple, attach the fuel line and im good to go right?

and just let the otherside of that line just hang?

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

why does thing pump even have this breather tube? all s13 pumps ive seen dont.[COLOR=“Silver”]

yea that should be everything and your good to go , im not sure why some have breather tubes and others dont , iva had a few pumps that do and a few that dont and they all worked the same