how to rewire S13 fuel pump?

Ok well my 240 has been sitting in my driveway for at least a month because I’m too lazy to figure this out.

My fuel pump fuse keeps blowing, even when I unplug the sending unit. So I know there is a short or something. I don’t know dick all about electrical.I don’t know where the relay is for the fuel pump either. Do I need to rewire the fuel pump? And if so, how do I go about that? Could it also be the relay?

Any information would be appreciated, and might be able to finally get my car to starage lol.

Thanks
Jay

Jay, in the trunk cut the fuel pump wire, run a jumper from the tail light to the fuel pump. you will need to run the car all the time with your lights on but it works. also be a theft deterrent, the car won’t start unless the the lights are on. (parking only)

Jay give me a shout on the weekend, I’ll come over and see if we can get it running.

That…it pure butcherness.

If your going to do it that route. At least wire in a 4-pin relay taking power from a reliable source…like, say…your battery?

Or just find and fix the problem correctly.

Butchered shit always comes back to haunt you.

yeahh, this car has been built up far too “proper” for that kind of fix lol. I’m sure the wire is just shorted out somewhere along the way if its blowing the fuse with the pump unplugged. I haven’t looked at a wiring diagram lately but I don’t think anything else is on that circuit.

Ya I’m not down for half ass shit, not cool. I don’t even know what wire does what going into the sending unit lol. If I knew what wires did what it might be a little easier. Andrew ill call ya sometime after work on Saturday or Sunday and we will takle this and see what we can do.

sounds good I’ve got an 89 FSM so we’ll have somewhere to start looking for clues

check relays. then its good just follow your wires see if you find any shorts it should be that hard youll have to pull out a panel or 2 thats all.