fuel pump relay question

Pump is not priming.

Do you guys know which relay is the one for the fuel pump on a s14?
My fuel pump power (red) is seeing a constant 12v & (green) is seeing a constant 6v~.
Does anyone know if it is seeing a constant 12v; does that mean it will not prime because it does not think it needs to prime?

the fuel pump relay is behind the driverside kick panel near the fuse box. it is mounted on a bracket held by a 10mm bolt. when u pull off the bracket i think it should have 3 relays on it is the relay furthest to the right.

if you need a fuel pump i have a working 1 from my s14.

Thanks, i’ll check that. I had no idea there were relays hidden up there.

Ok. I was just cycling thru this issue.

The first thing is that you should check the fuel pump fuse. You should be able to access phat g20 . com or .net and be able to download the fsm for your car.

If the fuse isn’t blown, check the relay.

Check the relay by jumping the wires, you jump the positions, normally either port 3 to port 5 AS SPECIFIED BY THE FSM since I may be wrong.

If that doesn’t work, check the wiring and connectors that go to the fuel pump.

If that doesn’t work then pull out the fuel pump and connect the positive and negative to a battery to check if it works.

If that doesn’t work, see if you have spark? because if those 2 don’t work, it is something wrong with the driver on your ecu.

Your ecu provides grounding for your fuel pump so that it will prime/work. You’re fuel pump should only prime for 5 seconds, or rather, the ecu should only ground it for 5 seconds when ignition is set to ON.

I’ll try that. The ground on the connection to the sending unit is also a constant.
But i’ll check this relay (by the kick plate) first.

The relay panel is horizontal. Do you guys know which relay is the one for the fuel pump?
Also, can you tell if a realy is faulty by looking at it?

I downloaded the FSM. I am not a mechanic & not sure how to find a few things in it.
2 questions, What section in the FSM do I find info on the fuel pump & its relay.
Which relay is for the fuel pump & can you tell if it is faulty by looking at it?

Go to the alphabetical index and look up fuel pump and you’ll see which section to access.
The relay box tells you which is the fuel pump relay.
As for which pin in the relay to jump, you’ll have to test that out yourself because I don’t have a 240, I have an Altima.

Actually there is no indication of what relay controld which component, even the ones under the hood.
I just thought if I knew the correct relay for the fuel pump I would just replace it & troubleshoot from there.