Camera Gurus

I know he’s familiar with nikon and uses it that’s exactly why I said his statement was ignorant. I own a Honda and an audi, I love them but would never say other cars are JUNK just because I don’t own them

i mean, all im saying is, that hes biased from his experience and somebody asked for help, so of course hes going to give what he has had good experience with. i do agree saying that everything else is junk is kinda offputting, but i sensed sarcasm in his post. idk could just be me

NIKON FOR LIFE

NIKON>>>CANON>>>OTHERS

BRO UMAD BRO

In all honesty, I loved my N60 way better than the Rebel. Thats from the good ol film days tho

This thread is junk

Im pretty sure his whole statement was meant to be funneh… RELAXXX

I’ve never used a “cannon” (well, maybe a potato cannon) but I have used a Canon. I have nothing bad to say about them at all, I even have an ancient miniDV cam thats a Canon and it always worked great. I have little to no experience with SLR cameras so I’ll remain mute on the subject otherwise. KTHX.

I had a Canon XSi with a Tameron 18-55mm IS lens that i loved. I have used Nikon P&S cameras and to me Nikon just felt cheap idk. I think i just may pull the Trigger on the T1i if i can find one locally or some place online with good deals.

Where do you guys buy your camera equipment online from?

bahah im full of fail today

They are great cameras without a doubt, like I said for the most part now its all user preference.

i shoot olympus.

Just a question, why did you post this if you wanted a Canon already?

So the end of this month i will be in the market again for another DSLR
I have my eyes on the T1i kit. I know my way around the Canons pretty well but im wondering if Nikon is better?

A car might show 180MPH on the speedometer, but that doesn’t mean it should be driven there.

Look at a 5D Mark II if you want super high ISO low light performance, it goes up to ISO 25,600 which doesnt look the best. Honestly my camera body is 6 year old technology and I have yet to use it to its full potential.

Well obviously. I’m still in a debate of what to do. I do want to get a new body rather than a lens though for my next purchase because I want HD video, but if I go Nikon, I’ll have to get all new lenses. We’ll see.

I use high (er) ISO all the time on my Canon 7D and 50D and they are great. I almost never carry a tripod anymore because with fast prime lenses, bodies that handle higher ISO noise better and post processing software there really isn’t a huge need for one. Yes, shooting lower ISO is best/preferred however like most of my images, they will be re-sized for the web/Facebook and it is literally not noticeable. Here are a few higher ISO examples:

ISO 1000:
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9510/img2022sa.jpg

ISO 2000:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7346/img2071q.jpg

ISO 1250:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4282/img2494f.jpg

ISO 1600:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/415/img1070nh.jpg

ISO 2500:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6344/img1134y.jpg

Back to the Canon Vs. Nikon debate…there will never be an answer as to which is “better”. They go back and forth competing with higher ISO levels with less noise, larger sensors, faster burst modes, more auto-focus points, faster auto-focus and the list continues. Get what feels right to you, has the features you are looking for in the price range that your looking to spend. You will not got wrong with either.

I shoot Canon for a reason I can’t really answer. I walked into Best Buy four years ago, picked up a EOS Rebel XTi and just liked the way the menu system was organized and the features it offered at the time. I have since been collecting Canon specific lenses followed by bodies and that’s where I stand today with over $12,000+ in Canon camera gear.

For the people looking to shoot video with an DSLR, it’s not easy unless you’re very creative and know what you are doing. There is not a continuous auto-focus while in video mode and focus has to be adjusted manually as a moving object moves farther/closer. This can be discouraging to someone who wants to just shoot HD vidz for the hell of it. It takes work and some may be better off just using an iPhone 4 (seriously).

Another thing for people who want to shoot video well on a DSLR, you’ll want very fast lenses. By fast I am talking about aperture. This means you’ll either have some VERY expensive zoom lenses (to only get a 2.8 aperture at the very most) or start collecting prime lenses (which are a fixed focal length for those who don’t know). This way you’ll be able to use the camera in low(er) light situations also working with higher ISO levels. Prime lenses are best anyway :ninja

Shooting video will also benefit from adding an external microphone as the internal ones don’t record in stereo and sometimes can’t pick up on everything perfectly. Granted, my 7D’s mic does a great job but I am also not using my videos for any kind of ridiculous production.

You may also benifit from a Glidecam 2000 which will keep your videos from getting shaky and keep motion more “fluid” as seen here:

Hope this helps.

IDK about anymore, but I know they used to make adapters so that you can use a differant brand based lenses on other brands. IDK if that comes into issue with how they work or quality, but My dad has an adapter for his 35mm Nikon so that he can use other lenses on it that are not Nikkor

Most of the time the auto-focus will not work with those types of adapters.

I agree 100% with AMD. This debate is based mostly on opinion. Try to get your hands on the cameras youre interested in and test em out.

One sidenote, the Sony Alpha A55 DOES have continuous AF for videos…

Wow tons of good info ITT.

Now where do you guys get your equipment from that reasonable?

I need to stop buying other shit and get myself a nice DSLR… I always critque other peoples shit and have nothing of my own to show for it. I think I may look for some of my old 35mm filmwork in the basement and scan it. Im no where near as good as some of the guys on here, but for being really young at the time (started taking pictures when i was around 8) I was using some serious equipment :lol and took some pretty great pictures… was all mostly sceneary type shit when we went on vacations etc. Also went with my dad to a wedding once, and he let me use one of the cameras more or less just to keep me occupied, ended up using a couple of my photos in their final print :rofl

lol i love that it bent you out of shape … as im sure JIM will back me up on this … i DO NOT think canon is junk … was actually talking to him about how i almost switched earlier this year … geezus ppl have to tone it down a notch

thanks for backing me up guys

shoot me a msg on THE FACE BOOK … i may have some ppl selling some decent used equip