Cameras on the 290? *Now I-90 & More*

One of my co-workers was asking about the cameras he’s been seeing going up on the 290. I don’t hit the 290 much and when I do I haven’t really been paying attention. I’m assuming this is just expanding Nittec’s traffic monitoring system but has anyone heard anything official?

Just wanted to make sure they weren’t trying out speed cameras around here since the 290 is already such a revenue generator for speeding fines.

i noticed that too, i have seen about 10 new cameras go up in the past month

I saw them putting up the post tuesday where it is mounted.

they cant put up speed cameras without pertty much everybody knowing about it, im pretty sure there has to be a public hearing…

so they are probably just the webcams

i saw them installing one on the 90 right before the 219 exit

Hell it’d be nice…I’m sick of the ass hats that go 80+mph on that busy high way…cutting me off, riding my ass (and I go 65-70 when its clear and only 60-65 when its rush hour) and I rarely ever go into the far left lane.

Then again, having camera’s observing our every move is getting creepy.

I also saw the post going up for one. That’s my favorite highway to be an ass hat and go 80+ mph, ride the asses of grand prix’s, and cut them off! I hope they don’t start watching me.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Looking at Nittec’s site you can see the 290 is really lacking in traffic monitoring cameras. They’re actually really handy to check just before you leave work to see if there are any major backups.

:lol: Well played.

ive seen a LOT as well popping up all over. skirred

Thanks for the link, I’ve never heard of this system before. This could be pretty useful…

Yeah I saw them going up the other day on the 290.

Big Brother is watching us.

Speed cameras would be lower and in a better position to catch the car as well, probably just monitoring traffic volume

Dont wanna be “that guy” but speed cameras seem more than a waste of money with how our county is doing, especially how we already under allocate our police force.

No… Just JoeS… But he is touching himself while he watches.

The Light is clearly yellow in that shot, you can see the reflection on the hood!

Saw them putting it up earlier, traffic was backed up nicely.

Bump. First I’ve heard of this. Speed cameras going up across the state:

DOT takes a number of steps in order to avoid erroneously issuing Notices of Liability. The camera equipment is evaluated daily, so that DOT can be sure the radar is collecting precise and accurate measurements. In addition, motorists do not receive a ticket unless they exceed the speed limit by more than ten miles per hour. The technology used by the system distinguishes between speeding vehicles and nearby vehicles, and will not issue a ticket if it is unclear which vehicle is exceeding the speed limit by more than ten miles per hour.

#electionshaveconsquences

looks like work zones only, which im fine with State begins automatic speed cameras in work zones on I-87 and I-84