Sorry for not specifying, hp

?

Why would you want to?

POS Opti
POS Heads
POS PCM
POS Intake manifold

You could get a 6.0l motor or a 5.3 and make more power for less money lol

So yes with heads/cam/tuning it could be done but there are much better platforms now it’s a waste to spend money on it.

Yes. Good ported stock heads or aftermarket heads with a good cam. Sometimes a bit difficult to do with a 350 or 355 but possible. Easier with a 383 or 396.

I realize my post will probably piss off the LT1 groupies but there is a reason everyone is swapping LS1s into everything and not LT1s.

Just better technology

Joelsterers will make over 400to the tire

Yea except it’s a 414 with a huge cam and $$$$ heads.

I was under the assumption NA LT1 meant stock bottom end lol

I’ve seen stock botton end Lt1 Cars with a big cam, Ported heads and Intake from AI, 6 speed, full exaust pull over 400 to the wheels. It can happen but as LZ said, you could do the same with a 600.00 6.0 or 5.3 motor with a cam and tune.

I can be done if you already have an LT1 car rock out and buy parts hit 400

It’s however much easier on newer platforms with stock heads…hell there are H/C LS1 cars that are knocking out 470-500rwhp.

I can be done if you already have an LT1 car rock out and buy parts hit 400

It’s however much easier on newer platforms with stock heads…hell there are H/C LS1 cars that are knocking out 470-500rwhp.

JAM must be in an argument with someone.

I was waiting for that to come up I know his love for domestics

some fggt at a bar told me his lt1 transmerobird made 400 wheel. i called BS, then told him his car looked like a catfish

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/attachments/1765d1089638569-ls1catfish.jpg

So much win.

lol, yeah I have a friend that said his built LT1 was making like 500hp, I don’t know if he still has the car though. I was like it would have to be stroked heads cam and that would be hard!

wrd ^^ dude was full of shit. an na ls1 absolutely, but an lt1, no way

he should have just lie and said ls1, i mean, if hes already going to lie to me to sound cool…

Did you then go on to explain all of the sweet cars you have owned? lol

Lt1 would have no problem making 400+ at the rear wheel. The newer lsx engines have more power potential, but the cost of electronics and everything else will make it cost just as much as building the lt1. I would take a gen 1 sbc over an lt1 for the simplicity and not having to worry about electronics. You can build a 400+ hp gen1sbc for <3k. If money is not a problem, go lsx and throw boost at it.

This was my understanding too. I’ve also heard that there a ton of LT1’s in the boneyard that you can pick up for a song. What does an LS1 go for?

You could build a 400rwhp 6.0l all day for 3k and get much better gas mileage overall performance then a carbed sbc lol

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

LS1s go for 2-3k complete depending on mileage etc

Or you could just buy a 5.3 for 700-800 or a 6.0l for 700-1400

Lots of mustang guys pick up 6.0ls complete throw an ls6 intake change out the heads/cam and make mid 400s rwhp all day.

There were a ton of videos/links posted the other day of pretty much stock bottom end junk yard motors with turbo kits making tons of power.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?224655-Fox-stock-6.0L-LSX-ls6-cam-and-some-good-springs-and-pt88-turbo&highlight=turbo+mustang

i told him i had a swapped civic with a hand full of suspension mods, ya, i did, whats so funny?

sorry, not everyone has the desire to own a big dick v8