Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

:tup: Good work Dan!

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:77,topic:24902"”]

Well if the cam and heads are stock with the same boost level as other setups, with a rotating assembly that got heavier and little was done in terms of reduced friction…then I cant say I see an area in the bottom end to gain 100hp over anyone else that has tried the same thing. The overall # looks fine, Im just trying to understand the difference between other setups and this.

[/quote]

There are a lot of things in the bottom end of an engine that can influence its ability to make power more efficently.

The simple fact that you (or others) do not appear to know what any of these are, is the exact reason that I am keeping my mouth shut. Apparently, many of my competitors dont know either, after seeing some of the things they come out with. Many of these principles are not common knowledge, and many of them a person wouldnt know if they tripped over them. However, when pointed in the right direction, a “Duh” state of mind quickly follows, assuming you have a VERY strong background in engine principles.

On the other hand, they are controversial issues as well. Not because someone proved them wrong, but because people take the easy way out doing things most of the time, especiallty if there are $$$ involved. Its easier to change less parts or use off the shelf stuff and say “it wont matter” than to say “it will matter” and fork over the cash for custom parts and do it 100%. The other downfall is that these changes cannot easily be implemented into a mass produced level, because of how small some changes become. They must be altered for each application, taking into account many small differences.

And I would also guess that if there is someone on this board that knows the type of changes I could have made, they are keeping their mouth closed for good reason as well, it gives them an edge over other setups.

Damn…:tup:

You definitely have the right mindset. I wouldnt be offering up shit for free after so much time and effort.

[quote=“Final GTS,post:82,topic:24902"”]

There are a lot of things in the bottom end of an engine that can influence its ability to make power more efficently.

The simple fact that you (or others) do not appear to know what any of these are, is the exact reason that I am keeping my mouth shut. Apparently, many of my competitors dont know either, after seeing some of the things they come out with. Many of these principles are not common knowledge, and many of them a person wouldnt know if they tripped over them. However, when pointed in the right direction, a “Duh” state of mind quickly follows, assuming you have a VERY strong background in engine principles.

On the other hand, they are controversial issues as well. Not because someone proved them wrong, but because people take the easy way out doing things most of the time, especiallty if there are $$$ involved. Its easier to change less parts or use off the shelf stuff and say “it wont matter” than to say “it will matter” and fork over the cash for custom parts and do it 100%. The other downfall is that these changes cannot easily be implemented into a mass produced level, because of how small some changes become. They must be altered for each application, taking into account many small differences.

And I would also guess that if there is someone on this board that knows the type of changes I could have made, they are keeping their mouth closed for good reason as well, it gives them an edge over other setups.

[/quote]

YOU ARE USING ROTARY PISTONS AREN’T YOU… YOU SON OF A BITCH

ok ok, finish this project already so we can know your crazy ideas. It better not be something stupid like a lightened crankshaft, although i’m sure you balanced the shit out of it

I know Dan’s secret :snky:

He pours 5 oz of extra spicy leetsauce down each cylinder during assembly :tspry:

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:86,topic:24902"”]

I know Dan’s secret :snky:

He pours 5 oz of extra spicy leetsauce down each cylinder during assembly :tspry:

[/quote]

I heard he uses anal lube? Wierd.

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:77,topic:24902"”]

Well if the cam and heads are stock with the same boost level as other setups, with a rotating assembly that got heavier and little was done in terms of reduced friction…then I cant say I see an area in the bottom end to gain 100hp over anyone else that has tried the same thing. The overall # looks fine, Im just trying to understand the difference between other setups and this.

[/quote]

If he upped compression that could certainly do it. Something with the piston design that reduced the potential for detonation could help, but for a 100 hp difference there would have to be some major problem. I’d say compression…

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:85,topic:24902"”]

YOU ARE USING ROTARY PISTONS AREN’T YOU… YOU SON OF A BITCH

ok ok, finish this project already so we can know your crazy ideas. It better not be something stupid like a lightened crankshaft, although i’m sure you balanced the shit out of it

[/quote]

LOL. I have a wood crankshaft.

hahaha… that sounds funny. I am going to tell everbody that from now on. And now onto your regularly scheduled WAR statment;

WAR I TOLD YOU THE FUCKING SQUARE PEG GOES IN THE ROUND HOLE! YOU NEVER LISTEN!

does the bottom end stuff have anything to do with like cyro freezing or media blasting the rings/rotating assembly? i’ve heard walnut shell and other types of really fine media blasting (i forget the exact name of the company) on the rings can do wonders. also works for the drivetrain as well. i think crane cams did some testing on stock ls1 f-body’s and they picked up like 8-10 whp by blasting the ring and pinion gear with i believe it was walnut shell, could have been something else.

[quote=“AJC2500,post:90,topic:24902"”]

does the bottom end stuff have anything to do with like cyro freezing or media blasting the rings/rotating assembly? i’ve heard walnut shell and other types of really fine media blasting (i forget the exact name of the company) on the rings can do wonders. also works for the drivetrain as well. i think crane cams did some testing on stock ls1 f-body’s and they picked up like 8-10 whp by blasting the ring and pinion gear with i believe it was walnut shell, could have been something else.

[/quote]

Nope… nothing of the sort. What you are talking about sounds like it would just reduce friction by fine polishing some peices.

INN-TUNE: Just added material to post on previous page

Not that I’m trying to guess Dan’s work here, it’s his business in more ways then usual.

That being said, I’m surprised that none of the guessers here have thought about rod ratio, wpin location, rod angles, etc… slackers.

Regardless of all of that, Good Work Final GTS. :tup: :tup:

VERY cool, congrats man :slight_smile:

If i ever had a viper Id hire that guy to build my motor

[quote=“Final GTS,post:82,topic:24902"”]

[/quote]

I came into this thread nicely, so I intend to leave it in the same manner, but you might try having anything with technical value to say in a thread that pats yourself on the back. From one engine builder to…you…Id say that you might not want to assume so highly of yourself and lowly of everyone else. The offer still stands to run whatcha brung if you want to see how you’re actually doing in this game :wave:

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:96,topic:24902"”]

I came into this thread nicely, so I intend to leave it in the same manner, but you might try having something technical to say in a thread that pats yourself on the back. From one engine builder to…you…Id say that you might not want to assume so highly of yourself and lowly of everyone else.

And the offer still stands to run whatcha brung if you want to see how we’ll you’ve come along in this game :tup: :wave:

[/quote]

i agree, and i further more would join the challange. i will say straight up, the reason why i always seem “on your case” is that you’re always patting himself on the back, and flaunting how much your parts cost, and how much r&d and custom work go into it, and how your knowledge is on a whole different level. idk, maybe its just me, you might be a cool guy, idk.

on the topic of the extra 100hp, im gonna have to agree, on where does it come from. i think Mike from inno probably had the best guess, and the only logical means, BUT: you say this is done on 93 PUMP gas with 15psi and no DET, with room to grow in the timing department. correct me if im wrong, and i may very well be wrong, but isnt the stock CR close to 12:1? so raising it to make more power, on top of the said boost levels, timing, and the type of gas used seems unlikely. what i have found is that many dynos vary. im not talking a mustang vs dyno dynamics, im talking about two of the same type dynos. 100 hp is a lot to vary, im not saying it is all in the equipment. that may only be ~50hp. on top of that, NO two FI setups are going to put out the same numbers at the same boost level, etc etc. i mean, there are so many variables that can fluctuate this imaginary number, not to mention, the tune could have made up alot of ground. the only thing im getting at, along with other people who just didnt want to say it straight up, is that there usually isnt 100hp to be found when beefing up a BE. you supposidly found this, but havent even given us a hint towards anything that may resemble a feesable reasoning for this phenomenon.

anywho, im happy that your having success with something that would make alot of us happy, playing and building vipers. that is very cool. but im sorry if i dont jump on the train when i dont see any hint of an explanation to your hierarchy of knowledge, other than it cost $$$$ much

If I built a 900HP car (Viper or not), I would absolutely make a thread. And if it was anyone but Danno this wouldn’t be 4 pgs of WTF…

Again… Congrats Dan, and good luck with your project and future ventures. Fuck em. Seriously.

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:96,topic:24902"”]

From one engine builder to…you…

[/quote]

lol

:rofl: