Can I tow a car trailer with a truck from Enterprise?

I don’t have a truck, and all my truck friends are tied up for when I need a truck…so I’m going to rent from Enterprise, something like a Silverado or F150. Anyone know if the factory class 3 receiver and wiring are on these trucks or do they remove them to prevent people like me from pulling car trailers??? The web site says this: “Automatic transmission with overdrive and tow/haul mode”, but I’m not sure exactly what this means…

I need to get to Cleveland and back on Saturday pulling a car trailer and I don’t think my SHO is up to the task…

If you know of a place or a person where I can rent a truck for the day on Saturday please let me know

NO…they have zero hitches on rentals. I think you would maybe get lucky on a bumper ball mount situation but that will not really accept the weight of a trailer. Also I dont think there was wiring regardless

What about home depot trucks?

That I am not sure on but they are supposed to be “in town” use so I dont know how you would put 400miles on it in one day without them looking at you funny.

Uhaul amazingly enough does not have hitches on their pickups or vans LAME

ill haul ur shit in my F150 for some gas and moneys

let me know

Home depots website says no mileage charges, just hourly charges…Look into it?

uhaul @ 5 corners at least USED to have trucks w/ hitches . 97neon and i lookd into it at one point

just gotta lie about what your towing, because sometimes they are cunts

have a 93 jimmy & want to rent a tow dolly for a 2500 pound car - fine
have a 93 jimmy & want to rent a medium size trailer to put 500 pounds of stuff on - unacceptable

yes you can. We have 3 tahoes, and 2 pathfinders at work that have class 3 hitch hookups. All you have to buy is the fittign dealey… all rented from enterprise.

I towed 2 cars with them w/ a full size trailer.

[quote=“Haenszel,post:8,topic:39801"”]

yes you can. We have 3 tahoes, and 2 pathfinders at work that have class 3 hitch hookups. All you have to buy is the fittign dealey… all rented from enterprise.

I towed 2 cars with them w/ a full size trailer.

[/quote]

Are you saying you rented from Enterprise, or do you work for them??? What is the “fittign dealey” you’re referring to??? The hitch?

Son of a bitch…I asked this same question about renting a truck months ago and I was told NONE of their RENTAL fleet has hitches.

SONOFABITCH

we have 8 rentals out at all times, 7 days/week. I don’t work for them. and yes, I mean the hitch(with ball), not just the ball. Like $20 or so. Then take it off when you’re done, and keep it for next time.

btw… don’t tell enterprise your’e towing :wink:

I rented a dakota from enterprise and it did not have towing equipment on it, but you could put a ball on it if you wanted I suppose.

[quote=“LXTASY”"]

I don’t have a truck, and all my truck friends are tied up for when I need a truck…so I’m going to rent from Enterprise, something like a Silverado or F150. Anyone know if the factory class 3 receiver and wiring are on these trucks or do they remove them to prevent people like me from pulling car trailers??? The web site says this: “Automatic transmission with overdrive and tow/haul mode”, but I’m not sure exactly what this means…

I need to get to Cleveland and back on Saturday pulling a car trailer and I don’t think my SHO is up to the task…

If you know of a place or a person where I can rent a truck for the day on Saturday please let me know

[/quote]

no shit… I might be going to cleveland myself to pick up a civic. Interesting.

GL

[quote=“Estorvito,post:13,topic:39801"”]

no shit… I might be going to cleveland myself to pick up a civic. Interesting.

GL

[/quote]

Put the Civic in the Caprice’s trunk???:mamoru:

[quote=“Haenszel,post:11,topic:39801"”]

we have 8 rentals out at all times, 7 days/week. I don’t work for them. and yes, I mean the hitch(with ball), not just the ball. Like $20 or so. Then take it off when you’re done, and keep it for next time.

btw… don’t tell enterprise your’e towing :wink:

[/quote]

Hmmm…I’m assuming you work for a company that rents from Enterprise often??? And you bring the hitch…

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414Y5WRRHDL._AA280_.jpg

…with you and pop it into the receiver…

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/316WMWBHH5L._AA280_.jpg

…then plug in the wiring???