Can police laser two cars at once??

:facepalm You sure do cry a lot. I mean you have all that cash, just pay it and move on.

:facepalm at you and almost everyone else on this thread for not even answering my damn question… lol… ill shit on that $200 ticket, idc, like I said, going to court is the worst part, what I asked was if it was possible to laser two cars at once… I didnt ask for the other 34782378423424 comments. :retardclap

Can you shoot a laser pointer and hit two cars?

maybe he got both of you like this

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15635297.jpg

No he cannot tag two cars simultaneously.

Laser is one beam line of sight.

but… in a 1/4 mile distance, he could definitely tag you both… either way, it doesnt matter… you got the ticket based on his “trained” opinion of your rate of travel and now you get to deal with the ticket… good luck with it, hopefully you can get it reduced/dropped

No they cannot tag two cars at the same time, BUT they CAN pull the trigger twice or more in a row. As fast as they can aim/pull they can lock in targets and they remain in the system until “deleted”. Pow, multiple tags from a single position.

It’s not an active system like KA band radar.

exactly. 1/4 mile distance he could have tagged half a dozen cars if he was quick enough(and that much of a dick)

I got stopped on the bike last summer on the Northway for 87 in a 65 and the only ticket the trooper gave me was for an overdue inspection. Not sure if there’s a double standard for motorcycles or not, but he had no intention of giving me a speeding ticket when he finally stopped me. He actually asked if there was anything wrong on the bike that he could ticket me for instead, ha.

I’ve never used a laser but like boxer stated… He can pull the trigger on it twice… as long as he aims at something that will reflect back at the gun, he has your speed. (Simple as that… As far as the old Ass radar that are in all police cars there is a fast setting that allows you the get the speed from 2 different cars at once…

And also like what was said before police are trained to estimate within ±5mph.

QFT…right from an LEO’s mouth. :slight_smile:

laser speed guns work by firing a laser at an object and timing the reflection, right?
so in theory,
painting your car in a non reflective paint would negate the laser’s reflection, right?

Except for the plate, windshield, headlights and mythbusters.

yeah… NOW i remember… earl the caddy and the fire extingusher chaff cannon.

so maybe ray can chime in on this too, but last i knew cops couldn’t radar/laser you until you were in a 1/4 mile, which if it says 1476 feet on your ticket, that is obviously farther then 1320 feet. but for all i know they have changed that recently, especially if technology has become more accurate.

everything else i would of said in regards to your ticket has already been said. if you want defense against laser, get a laser deflector. even radar/laser detectors can’t do much against laser since it’s such a narrow beam. laser deflectors change the direction so it doesn’t go back to the cops gun.

I’ve never heard of any approx. Footage… I’ve also never used a laser other then in a classroom for 5sec. When the trigger is pulled it gives you speed and distance from what I remember… I’m sure it gives more info and has more features… I just don’t know them.

As far as radar… I wait till someone is pretty much on top of me before I give a ticket… I really don’t do radar to often…I would rather just write a Bullshit ticket that will he dropped or reduced…

Not true, I got pulled over while I was home on leave and he let me go I was doing 85 in a 55

They are not going to give you any breaks if your acting like that. I got pulled last week for 76 in a 55 on 890. I was polite and curteous to the officer. I told him i knew i was speeding and that’s why i got pulled and he just said “help us all out and slow down”. let me off just like that

I never used to admit to speeding but in my past few experiences getting pulled i’ve realized if you’re calm, honest and polite and show them some respect they will just let you go, same thing happened on the taconic about a year ago, i was doing about 25 over and he gave me a broken speedo ticket which i just had my cop buddy sign and i mailed it in, no fine.

back to your question, they can only shoot 1 car at a time i belive, but he could have easily tagged you both very quickly.

sorry, im not going to sit polite and be accused of going a speed im not… I’ll take 100 fines before I admit to doing something I didnt do. Im not a dog, I have self morals and wont be accused and direspected and just accept it and shut my mouth, you are and theres nothing wrong with that… Youll get off the hook alot in life, but will never be a leader.

How is he being a dog? He admitted he was speeding because he was. If anything, leaders admit when they are or were in the wrong. He did so, and no ticket.

Two different scenarios can’t be compared. Trust me. I’ve had my fair share of run-ins for bullshit violations (included 57 in a 55… Most likely because the cop found his wife fucking a man of a different race before his shift started). I got a ticket for it, then handed it to my lawyer, he laughed and I ended up getting a no front plate ticket.