Can you still drive under the runway at the airport?

[quote=“justa4door,post:9,topic:35743"”]

there will be someone to talk to you in like 5 min once you start

[/quote]

truth. ask scott.

seriously dont bother going to the tunnel…you will get a pretty obstructed view…

go to Lawrence Bell…

it is between Wherle and Aero…it is just a big business park area and the planes fly right over it (us for that matter)

they literally get within a stones throw distance

[quote=“Rx3,post:17,topic:35743"”]

There are also cameras in that tunnel, so I wouldn’t go blasting through there if I were you. :fyi:

[/quote]

Well I am pretty sure they aren’t worried about traffic stuff because I would’ve been in jail a long time ago

[quote=“OfficerK,post:22,topic:35743"”]

go to Lawrence Bell…

[/quote]

Not a bad spot…

Take a fake bazooka and a turbin with you, see what happens. Oh yeah make sure you grow a full beard too.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6467+Main+St,+Buffalo,+NY+14221&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.546728,77.080078&ie=UTF8&ll=42.9429,-78.721333&spn=0.009409,0.018818&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

Not sure if you’re still allowed to drive down Amherst Villa Rd but that is probably the best runway view available.

[quote=“OfficerK,post:22,topic:35743"”]

they literally get within a stones throw distance

[/quote]

Anyone bored?

[quote=“JayS,post:25,topic:35743"”]

Not sure if you’re still allowed to drive down Amherst Villa Rd but that is probably the best runway view available.

[/quote]

are they going to put a new restaurant up there ??

[/quote]

[quote=“justa4door,post:27,topic:35743"”]

[/quote]

Not sure. Probably a tough sell since the majority of people don’t want to scream over jet engines to have dinner conversation.

If you’re talking about the old Flying Tigers spot, it’s now homebase for Mercy Flight.

[quote=“Rx3,post:30,topic:35743"”]

If you’re talking about the old Flying Tigers spot

[/quote]

I was going to ask if they were still there… guess not.

[quote=“Rx3,post:30,topic:35743"”]

If you’re talking about the old Flying Tigers spot, it’s now homebase for Mercy Flight.

[/quote]

Ah, that probably makes that whole street off limits then. I knew Flying Tigers went bust but didn’t know Mercy Flight moved in.

Yep. Think they finished moving in over the summer. I had a flyer in the mail (for donations) and they said they were taking over the property because it was an ideal location being so close to the airport and all.

^^^ pretty sure its still open. closing the tunnel would fuck to many motorists, and the planes on the runway would be a greater terrorist concern then the Mercy chopper’s that are a pretty good distance away (flying tigers didnt exactly have a short driveway)

and i have a feeling that tunnel is way stronger then it looks. i have a feeling they originaly built it bunker strength… massive amounts of steel and high strength concrete … if they hadnt they would have closed it after 9-11 due to security concerns

I miss Flying Tigers and their beer-cheese soup :frowning:

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:34,topic:35743"”]

^^^ pretty sure its still open. closing the tunnel would fuck to many motorists, and the planes on the runway would be a greater terrorist concern then the Mercy chopper’s that are a pretty good distance away (flying tigers didnt exactly have a short driveway)

and i have a feeling that tunnel is way stronger then it looks. i have a feeling they originaly built it bunker strength… massive amounts of steel and high strength concrete … if they hadnt they would have closed it after 9-11 due to security concerns

[/quote]

Who said anything about the tunnel being closed? :confused:

[/quote]

You can still drive down there, as of ~2 months ago. I was playing in the tunnel and then headed down to the old flying tigers. hung in the parking lot for ~3 minutes, and headed back.

[quote=“Rx3,post:36,topic:35743"”]

Who said anything about the tunnel being closed? :confused:

[/quote]

well i saw this post:

[quote=“JayS,post:32,topic:35743"”]

Ah, that probably makes that whole street off limits then. I knew Flying Tigers went bust but didn’t know Mercy Flight moved in.

[/quote]

but missed this post earlier, making it sound like JayS was saying that section of aero drive was closed, hence my response

[/quote]

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:3,topic:35743"”]

aero drive…

sounds like somebody did some exhaust work and/or got a blowoff valve…and wants to be a ricer…

[/quote]

BS, you know that sound when your blasting through there is fucking sweet.

i used to love going to cruise night when it was at blind melons or what ever it was called.

When ever i go through that tunnel I ALWAYS show buffalo team spirit… beeeeeeeeeeeeep, beeeeeeeeeeeeep, beep, ba, beep! aka let’s go buffalo! lol i love the tunnel. I miss flying tigers though it was cool being able to hear the Pilots talk to the air tower.:cry: