Capital Ca$h for Gold LOLZ

Good luck Dave.

If anyone brings anything to sell and they accept your offer then I don’t see how you’re ripping them off. You make an offer and if it’s accepted then it’s accepted.

State is looking for money in any way they can. Simple as that.

that’s fine and dandy and i 100% agree, but the real problem he has here is the fine print of owning a business… they are just publicizing it into a “rip off attempt over customer”. Which I think is a low, bullshit blow.

Its a scary thing with all the technicalities out there that can bite you in the ass. My lawyer told me try to cover your ass and do everything you can, but you can never do EVERYTHING right running a business… call me when they want to give you shit and I will see what i can do. Even they know, if someone out there wants your ass, they will find something, somewhere to poke at.

What would make the accusations better would be if he not only ripped them off in gold, but gave them counterfeit money as well. Lol

Another thing i just thought about… its not like his receipt for purchase to the customers states “your rings weigh XXX” here is your money.

Like he said, if the scales were there for he own benchmark to base his offer on… he is only cheating himself since they said they read LESS than they should!

If some moron dropped off a brick of gold, and dave was like “ill give ya $100 for it” and the dude took the money… low and behold its actual weight was 11billion pounds, its the sellers own damn fault for accepting it!

So many Nancy Grace watching mother fuckers in here…

Taking nothing and turning it into something since 1980.

Nice work OP, bringing your favorite show to shift.

Only dumb fucks take things on the new literally. If you can’t watch news OBJECTIVELY, kill yourself.

Shit happens, mistakes were made, loopholes were found. So his scales were “supposedly” off 1/2 Troy turd. If you don’t like the price offered to you at your local cash for gold, sell your shit on eBay.

This shop is not “Port of Albany…scrap your junk”. His scales are irrelevant…if you don’t like his offer…GTFO.

Sounds like CFG dude pissed off someone he shouldn’t, that being said…this is not worthy of a Shift518 “blow up” thread.

Don’t you have more important things to be doing…

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898908-f52d-c1d3.jpg

Just my opinion. I do not know Dave…or most of you for that fact.

YUP.

UMAD?

wabbit?

At least the times union story gets a little bit of daves side of the story.

Lololol @ KrazyKid.

I’m having a TERRIBLE day. I knew I shouldn’t have posted.

Me too. One shred of decency can be given to the TU on that one.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/County-Gold-buyer-faces-fine-for-using-illegal-3515576.php#photo-2868212

Thanks for linking my phone kept giving me the mobile link to paste.

just brought this into my world (weed lol).

yea, if the scale was off half an ounce, it would be quite obvious and bad for buisness.

thats honestly quite telling that they are saying its off so much when a oz of gold is much more valuable then an oz of weed.

granted people selling thier gold wont be as knowledgable about how much an ounce or 2 of gold looks like compared to a pot head buying an ounce or two of weed, but still. Had they said it was off buy a few grams, it would be easier to believe and still make him look bad as i’m sure a few grams of gold adds up.

if you bought the incorrectly assumed amount of weed, you have nobody to blame but yourself, if the dealer didn’t weight it infront of you and give you a receipt saying “Y0 Dis kid (sign buyers name here) bought ##oz of Purple Haze for $XX”.

I buy pints, qts and gallons of paint from Albany Autobody, Keystone and NAPA 3 times a week just about… you really think I am going to throw a shit fit if I walk in and ask to see their scales and get denied? No fucks given, becasue I accepted the fact that Black Magic Pearl basecoat was sold to me for $125 a pt. Transaction is done the moment I left the store. I could care less, and not feel ripped off if I came and left with what i wanted and it got the job done.

Why everyone here is so concerned that Dave is fucking over the world because his scales aren’t up to date is beyond me. As the article states, he is being charged with:

…failing to notify the county that he was buying and selling commodities, using scales that are not approved by the state and refusing inspection

Gold is a commodity. Allegedly the county was never notified? Most likely some confusion that can be passed over since Dave just acquired the pawn shop a short time ago, maybe he wasn’t properly informed of what to do?

As far as the scales go: http://www.agriculture.ny.gov/WM/WMHome.html

I used to work in a hardware store that had a scale for weighing bulk nails/screws. A guy would come in, set his two different weights in the tray to see if they read within the acceptable range so the scale is properly calibrated, put a new sticker on the scale, leave an invoice and be on his way. If you ever get gas in Vermont there is a visible sticker on the pump saying when the pump was tested, same sticker they use for scales. I love how the article makes it sound like the state of New York has appointed scales that everyone MUST use and they provide.

So his scale was allegedly off by half a troy ounce, which can be argued in court that since his scales weren’t tested maybe they were off.

And like everyone has said, its a pawn shop, you go in, someone behind the counter makes you an offer, you accept it/leave/or bargain with the person. I havent seen anyone on Pawn Stars or Hardcore Pawn on TV use a scale, I’ve seen them fuck over a few people, but you keep watching…

Get back in the kitchen yo rita

Are you a moron? I didn’t plan on replying to this thread but this makes you look really stupid. Stealing from every day citizens… OK. So every person who goes into the store and agrees to a price and accepts payment is getting robbed? It’s called a negotiation… and it ends in satisfied parties on both sides. Also, when something happens to you, you don’t automatically give everything you own away for free.

P.S. Harley’s suck

^ agreed

greg is on some crazy shit , he doesn’t know shit about dave and how he deals with people yet he’s gonna talk all that shit “stealing from everyday citizens”

what the fuck is everyday citizens mean anyways? isn’t every citizen a citizen everyday?

what about the illegal immies that come in to sell stolen gold are they not good enough ? :frowning:

nah but seriously shut the fuck up, his scales aren’t / weren’t off, half an ounce my ass, thats a serious amount of weight.

this story is taking off because this is what you sad mother fuckers want to hear, you’re so thrilled to hear someone else getting fucked because they are doing better than you are. the news twisted that shit up so you can just eat all up like some drama hungry slobs

i got to the begining of page 2 and gave up, i’ll read the rest on monday.

Plain and simple it’s a pawn shop. You bring something in and he gives you an offer. If you like the offer you accept, if not you take your gold and go somewhere else.

If he is buying gold strictly on weight and fucking people, sure that’s wrong. I don’t think that is the case form what i have seen though. I’ve been in there half a dozen times and never once seen him or hear him say to someone “your gold weights this much so this is what i will give you”. he just looks it over and gives them an offer.