Car amplifier wiring question

I’m helping my friend put 4 speaker cans and speakers across his tower on his wakeboard boat and had a question about wiring. Right now the tower is wired for 2 speakers and I really do not want to run 2 more lengths of speaker wire through the tower. I was planning on just running the 2nd two speakers parallel off the 1st two. My question is how can i run the amp (4 channel) at 2 ohm to maximize the power output and still run the speakers parallel. Is this possible? I’m a newb at this so I’m guessing its an easy answer. Thanks for any help!

Bridge the amplifier to 2 channels, and run the speakers in SERIES, not parallel. This will put a 8 ohm load on the combined channels/4 ohm load on each channel.

This will run the amp at 2 ohms?

The amp is a 4 channel amp; and the speakers are 4 ohm speakers, correct?

If so; if you bridge the amp to 2 channels, and wire the speakers in parallel you will present the amp with a 2 ohm load; Most 4 channel amplifiers will not work with a 2 ohm load when bridged to 2 channels. You could run it this way, but most likely you will blow up the amplifier.

If you wire the speakers in series you present the amp with an 8 ohm load; which ANY 4channel amp that is bridged to 2 channels will accept.

There actually 3 ohm which is weird here are the speakers

http://signature.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Default.aspx?i=107MM651&search=polk+mm651&ssi=0&skipvs=T

That makes it even worse if you run them in parallel and bridge the amp… then you’re only presenting a ~1.4 ohm load… that amp would fail pretty quickly.

Wire the speakers in series, and bridge the amp to 2 channels and it’ll work just fine.

Thanks for the help, would there be any advantage to wiring 4 separate channels?

Not in this case.

do you think 60 watts to each speaker will be enough power? sorry for all the questions

60 Watts rms? Should work fine.

yes rms at 4ohms