Car got keyed...

This guy I knew was being cocky and keyed my car, and I saw, and everyone saw that I saw, and I walked over to his car right after and knifed it. See if you can get those tapes, legal way to fix this, is the best way to fix this.

a nice flat hood like that is easy to fix. the prep wouldn’t be to bad at all for you… and if your a super poor bastard i would just paint it black yourself. Its probably the only spot on the car that you can get away with in another color :smiley:
if u do that. wet sand it after painting and just apply ur compounds and waxs and that hood will be shiner then the entire car
^^^ no expert but i would assume that would be the best out come for a poor person. $90 to buy everything

Wow thats bad! i cant remember the last time i heard of somebody getting their car keyed…

^ hmm…look around on the threads :stuck_out_tongue:

DubV for those that know is another example.
it’s sad, honestly people need some discipline.

I was going to fix this myself, but now all my friends are telling me to go to the police and get the insurance company involved. They say when it comes to paint, no matter how small the damage, if done correctly and accurately, will cost at least a $1,000.

All you’d have to do is buy the materials, which i’ll show you what to get or you can come with me, wont be more than $40 for that.

• Lunch? lol
  • 2 hours max if we use my air compressor and a my palm sander…
  • 3 hours max without a compressor and palm sander…
  • Yea there on my laptop, i’ll send them to you tonight, im just going out for a bit…i gotta head over to my shop anyways, buddy wants his skyline appraised for some fresh new paint :slight_smile:

Update:

Called the police, nothing they can do but write up an incident report. Went to get an estimate, $800+ taxes and would take 3-4 days. With it costing that much money, I will probably go through insurance.

Not sure if it’ll happen again soon so I’m not going to get it fixed right away. The guy recommended I use touch up paint for now to cover up the scratch so it doesn’t rust.

One question - if I use touch up paint to fill in the scratch for now, won’t the insurance company need to see the actual scratch, ie: the primer exposed? Am I tampering with the evidence by touching it up? I did take pictures of the scratches, so I guess I have pictures of the damage before and after.

^^ call them to find out if its considered tampering.

Don’t piss people off and they won’t key your car… simple solution!
No one, keys random cars for no reason.

Give A1 Mississauga a call at 905-602-5983
Ask to speak with Victor
Tell him the situation and say Fil with the 240sx sent you. If he can’t remember say it is the guy with the red 240 that got smacked and then he grabbed the balck one.

They can be pricey but the work is decent and the turn around for jobs like this is fast, can be done in one day depending on how busy they are. He might also be able to do a cash job if you ask him

Give it a try

People do stupid things all the time for no reason. You don’t have to piss someone off for them to vadalize your property. They might be jealous of the car you drive, they could just be punks looking for a good time, they could be drunk, etc. Don’t just automatically assume someone pissed somebody else off for a keying to occur.

Sorry, just in a foul mood after this incident.

Idiot people DO key random cars for no reason! i had my car keyed last weekend at yorkdale saturday night at the movies! luckily it was a rental! thank god for damage waivers! No reason what so ever!! its not even my car if some one was pissed at me why would they key my rental?