so, my car got keyed.

alright well heres the scoop. i had a pretty good day today, went to lunch with a bunch of friends to PHO and then headed back to his house to watch the replays of the soccer game. We get to his house at around 5pm and his neighbourhood is pretty nice. I park my car on the driveway and go in. My other friend (female) has to go home so now its 6pm and we head outside and then this is when i saw these two huge marks across my car.

I’m thinking wtf? I’m in shock because this has never happen to me and its in broad daylight ON my friends driveway. Now i begin to go back and see how this could have happend in broad daylight on my friends driveway in a good neighbourhood. It must have happen between 5-6pm. For the first 5min it couldn’t have happend because i just rolled in and didn’t see any people near the house or watsoever. the last 15min couldn’t have happend because i asked the neighbours who have been outside for the last 15min said no one has walked past them.

So that leaves a good 30-40min period of which this could have happend. Now this is where it begins to get weird. My friend, who has a younger brother got bitched at becuase he was wearing his older brothers clothes without permission and wouldn’t pick up his shirt after taking it off. The younger brother also go bitched at by the father for not trying to find the sister who has been out all day, so he makes some calls and heads out to get the sister. He goes in and out the house 3x. This is probably around 5:15-5:30. The last 15min nothing could have happend from STRANGERS becuase thats wat the neighbours said. Now, if you think logically, no one would be stupid enough to walk up someone’s driveway in broad day light, in a good neighbourhood, and key a persons car taht they have no idea whos it is. Especailly when they have no idea when the person would come out.

Now me and my friend who i had to drive home think its the brother becuase there is the following:

1. A motive. The younger brother is pissed at the older one for yelling at him and giving him shit.

2. feels embarrased that me and my friend were sitting there listenting while getting bitched at and probably felt pretty angry and etc

3. he leaves the house at least 2-3x with the car to go find the sister. the times he leaves and enters is the time period of which im not sure if anyone was walking by

If you think of it logically, teenagers coming from school don’t leave the school at 5pm and walk home. They get home asap to do whatever they have to do. Also, its a good neighbourhood and in the middle of the day. Doesn’t add up.

Well im just letting some steam off so here are the pictures.

BEFORE

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/b0ost/DSCN2008.jpg

AFTER

I’m not SO pissed because i’m painting the car in a year or so and don’t mind a few scratches here and there. As long as the car is in good working order i’m happy. But things like this, it does no one any good so why do it? Well im thinking if i should put some touch up paint and just try to blend it in. If anyone knows the best solution to this that would be greatly appreciated.

And what sucks more is that this is my first time to my friends house and this happens. ah well.

damn dude, that sucks, I hope you get shit figured out

shitty, do you have vandalism coverage in your insurance policy?

if so, make sure EVERY panel is keyed then file a police report, then call your insurance company.

This happened to me 1 time, fresh paint job.

^^ absolutely… and then it wont be purple anymore :smiley:

Also, have you considered that MAYBE you just didnt notice it before that and it happened somewhere else? if you’re anything like me, you wouldn’t notice even if it was something that bad…

I doubt that it could have happened anywhere else, since the scratch is on the drivers side door… it’s way too big not to notice, LOL

shoot sorry to hear that man. I can’t really tell, but it doesnt look like any of those scratches hit metal. You best bet is to use touch up paint and a polishing compound to blend it in.

damn that sucks. work somthing out wiht ur friend

thats what i was thinking aswell,

dude that sucks huge your paint was mint too.

better give it some touch up…
it wouldn’t be nice if it start getting rust b4 u paint it(surface rust is bad enough…)

owell
stupid ppl do stupid things those day…

that sucks man sorry to hear that

thanks everyone. and yes i will check my insurnace policy. maybe ill just spray it with some clear coat so nothing gets into it. i don’t want to spend extra cash if its unnecessary.

sorry to hear that. sucks when shit like this happens.

as far as your buddy’s brother goes, although logic MAY dictate that he is suspect, don’t accuse him because you didn’t see, and therefore have no proof (what you have is mostly circumstantial evidence). in english, if noone saw him do it then you can’t blame him.

the scratches don’t look TOO bad. if you’re getting it painted in a year or so, some touch up paint would be your best bet in my opinion. costs about 10 bucks from nissan, should cover it up just fine until it comes time for paint.

good luck man.

Samson, that really sucks.

Hey, is this the same driveway that you were parked in when your tire went low the other week? Maybe the acts were related? Maybe you have an enemy? Sorry to bring it up, but you never know and it looks like you are tryng to look at all the possibilities.

Good luck in trying to get to the bottom.

Theo

awww sorry to hear that samson, a buffer and some polishing compound should do the trick if it isnt deep.
none the less sorry to see your beautiful s14 get keyed up :S.

damn samson… sorry to hear that. At least your car is still an s14. :stuck_out_tongue: Now your car looks more like it’s been drifting and not parking.

I know a place that can get that fixed for a pretty good price. give me a call or pm me whenever you’re ready.

It seems pretty deep but it’s not that bad. My car got keyed too when i first got it… it goes from the front fender all the way to the rear where my gas cap cover is.

thanks theo for being so observative but it was a different driveway. i think in that incident my sidewall collapsed from the hard driving two days ago at shannonville. Thanks everyone for giving me some advice on this, i think ill go get some touch up paint just so it doesn’t get worse.

That sucks bro :frowning: , I hope you can work something out with your insurance and I hope you one day find out who did it so we can give him public beating SON style. Another reason why I spent almost $800.00 on a good alarm and I don’t park my car anywhere that I can’t see it from where I am. I hope you get something worked out, good luck man.

^^^ditto i hate having to leave the car after mine got broke into, very sorry to hear and if you find out who it was i am in for a beat down :slight_smile: just let me know

If it happened to me I would probably try to get repaint out of it, pay 300 deductable get 3000$ worth of paint FTW

Samson, did you confront your friends brother? What did he say, and if he said something did he mumble or studder? If so, he’s lying…also, check his brothers key, try and see if there is any paint chip remains on the key or if the key shows any signs of scraping. Hate to see something like this happen…