Car running poopy after bar's leaks

I added Bar’s Leaks radiator stop leak to my car this afternoon. It’s a 93 civic, 4cyl. I added 1/2 the bottle to the cold engine (in the radiator of course) then let it idle for ~5 min and drove it about 1/2 mile down the road to the bank, let it idle while i was in the bank, and drove it back and shut it off. The whole time it skipped something fierce. So I shut it off, finished the work day and started it up again to drive it home. On the drive home it didn’t do it as badly, but would have light skipping when I was in too high of a gear and gave it anything over 1/2 throttle. It sounds like you’re hitting the rev limiter, but it still accelerates. It’s not really jumpy, just has no power and skips. Could this be from the bars leaks or just crappy timing as another problem has come up?

Cliff notes, added bars leaks and car now skips.

first off never use that crap, it clogs up your water pump/heater core. Otherwise I’ve never heard it it causing driveability problems other than overheating.

wonder if it screwed up the coolant temp sensor ?

it can easily screw up the coolant temp sensor by sticking to it

thats right, all it would actualy have to do is insulate the sensor from heat and the car wouldnt run right anymore

an obd1 honda with a fuct up coolant temp sensor will have a 1.49 fuel multiplier
that will make it run like poop.

i would flush that shit out. u prolly could of got a radiator from tha mass majority of honda part collectors on here for cheap.

Bars Leaks from what I hear does NOT hurt sensors. The material used in it is heat conductive. The problem with this product really lies in the radiator/heater core clogging. How much did you use? I only used Bars leaks on two cars. Mine and a buddy who sprung a leak on the 90 on the way to NYIRP. From what I know we both still have it in there and we are getting great readings and our heat still works. The trick is to start with 1/4 of the bottle and add as needed.

Get it fixed the right way is always the best way it is made as a temporary fix.