cast or forged?

lets just say :snky: i was buying a new crank. i have the option of cast or forged. forged costs about 3 times as much as the cast one. is it really worth the money? i have no intentions of running more than like 500 hp EVER no matter what i do, so should the cast one be ok?

it all depends on the crank, which u need to do research on. i doubt anyone here will know much about ur particular crank. go on a mopar forum and see.

for example, ls1 cast cranks can take ALOT. alota SBC cast cranks suck… research on a dodge specific forum

Depends on how well is it built. Not too many people know about the 360’s around here unless Howie knows you might have to look elsewhere.

HOW MANY FU*KING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YA … DON’T BOTHER !!!

your just wasting your money on that 360

buy an s-10 and do a 350 swap

Wayy cheaper, and more fun

QFT.

better yet, buy my 302 ranger and get it runnign well :headbang:

Most cast cranks can hold quite a bit. But you would have to research your specific crank. dont know too much about those…

+1

Mike you need a solid upgrade program plan that makes sense.

How about he actually does one thing he posts a question about with the truck before he asks another one.

the only thing he’s gonna do is flush his money down the shitter

why the hell do you guys care? i didnt ask your fucking opinions if i was wasting money on my truck! why the hell do you even care? its not your truck, and its not your money. sorry i dont want to build up a fucking F-body or a mustang or any other common V8 ike everyone else does. not that theres anything wrong with either, but i want to be a little different. i enjoy my truck and would really like to see it become something. people rip me apart all the time sayin pickups wernt meant to go fast yeah well geuss what neither were Honda hatchbacks so STFU!

pay it off first.

Then, go on a Mag360 specific forum. 95% of this forum could tell You the ins/outs of dozens off applications, just not YOURS. There is no generic answer for “How much can an XYZ crank take”. Hondas, Daewoos, GM, Ferrari… they are all different.

Other then that… You can have a nice looking truck, a work truck, or a DD truck.

From the 11ty4 threads that You’ve made so far, the general opinion is that You need a toy car. A car that will respond well to $2-8k in mods. By respond well, I mean hp&tq per dollar.

You ask for these opinions every single time You make these threads. You want to know the best place to spend Your “mod money”… we’re telling You. Time and time and time again.

Wow… You’re the first person on my Nyspeed Ignore List. :lol:

its paid off. i was left some money in a will, so the truck is payed off, i have a very reliable DD, and i have some exta money to toy around with, if you must know.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20788&page=2&pp=25

:cry:

They are just making a point, if you want to do a 360 up. just buy a nice crate motor and save thousands… ive seen somne pretty nice 360’s done but if i were you, id just buy a damn crate motor all built and some nice tunning and be done. ive been through this with dodge’s takes alot of $ to make a r/t fast.

:highfive:

i just recieved the money today. i didnt even find out i was getting it untill last night. first place i went was the bank to pay the truck off because my payment is due on tuesday. the bank was closed today, but i will be going there first thing monday to pay the ballance of my loan off.

your truck is ugly.