Cleaning/Unsticking caliper sliders?

man i agree. there is absolutely nothing wrong with simply servicing the sliders and bores. hell it’s factory service on most vehicle to do it. there is nothing wrong with fixing what you have. Not everything needs to be brand new all the time. If that was the case the cackord would have been dead long long ago.

I could only imagine the fun that would ensue even trying to get that engine to budge out of that car.

Long live ze cackord! :loopie:

What’s a crackord anyway? I assume some kind of accord?

it’s a very special type of accord. whether that’s a good thing or not, it doesn’t matter. The important part is that it’s special.

Sissy. On some cars you can get reman calipers dirt cheap, and on those I’d say you are right, however I’ve had cars last more than 5 years on a good clean and lube job.

^^^ Freking drama queen. Relax. :grouphug:

i do not want drama.it gets very annoying when someone just cant stfu every time you post

Once you get them out, Napa on Whirle has the boots and slides if you just want to replace them. The best way I found for getting them out if put the slide in a bench vise and heat the area while turning the bracket back and forth. Caliper grease is what I use to keep them moving freely.

use por15

JK

i personally do not use anti sieze on brakes. i use this shit that comes in a white tube at car quest. i gotta go find the name but its the best shit for sliders. jam let me know wha your doing

JB weld works good too.

But really they actually sell brake pars lube. I probably have a few extra tubes around that I got with my last few sets of brake pads.

It’s probably a silicone grease similar to napa’s silglide which is awesome shit.

thats the shit silglide

Yeah, dont use Anti-Seize…it melts and turns into a sludge. Either use the white/transparent grease in the packets, or the bottle of red grease lube stuff, or what I use…the Permatex brake lube in the white bottle (same design as the Anti Seize) Its green…has the brush like anti seize too. I’ve serviced a lot of brakes in my day…people that have came back for new pads…the lube was still good. Sticks good to sliders too.

youll need heat to get them out most likely. i just did on my tracker. took the bracket and bootie off and sat the thing there with the torch aimed at it (regular mapp gas torch) and went back to disassembling the calipers to check for rust. came back 15 min later to remove the torch and let them cool and they came out with a little twisting.

i just used high temp synthetic axle grease on mine. ill check them before winter and if the stuff is trashed, ill use the brake grease stuff.

Brian