clutch broken in

hey, i recently got an ACT heavy duty stage 2 clutch for my stock KA. it has 300km on it right now and ever since it was installed, if i depress the clutch and let go of it (slow or fast) it sounds really squeaky. will this sound disappear after the full break in of 1000km? is this normal? thanks for any insight.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the swap. My clutch started to do that for no reason like 2-3 years ago, still does it to day. Mine squeak is coming from the pedal not the clutch it self. If anyone know how to fix this without having to change out the whole pedal assembly, that would be great.

Thanks

CVM07

Be careful…

I started getting a very audible creaking, but sorta half ignored it.

Then, my clutch pedal mounting bracket broke on the road.

Check the entire pedal assembly because chances are it’s that bracket.

OEM replacement from Nissan is $80 I believe.

^^^ thats weird. i never got the sound before on my old setup tho. it sounds more like the big spring that is creaking. i’ll have to take a look at the clutch bracket tho, just incase thats the culprit.

thanks for the heads up.

oh btw, how do i check if the clutch bracket is going to break?
where did yours break?

happened to me too… squeaking from the pedal area for a while, then the pin/bolt that runs through the pedal and bracket snapped in half.

you need to keep it greased up.

just had a question about breaking in a clutch. it now has 350km on it and it felt like an unsprung clutch when i first drove it. felt like an on/off feel. now that its a bit worked in, it feels like the engagement/disengagement pt is larger (which i find is better). does this usually happen? thanks for the help.

alright well my clutch has seemed to be broken in at 500km 90% street driven. yesterday i started to feel a difference when i drove it and it felt like it doesnt grab as hard as it used to when it was first installed. it grabbed so hard that it would make a loud sound coming from the back (shifting at 3k and below), but now it seems to have gotten a little softer. still grabs nice for sure but i tried chirping 2nd and i had to really pull it to 5k rpm to get a nice chirp. i couldn’t chirp 3rd but sometimes id get that nice locking sound at the back. i also put some heavy duty grease since it was making squeaking sounds and after that, it seemed that the clutch doesnt come up with such force as it used to (still comes up like a normal clutch, but doesn’t feel like the clutch is putting a lot of force to get back to the disengaged position). is this all normal after 500km of breaking it in, or is there something wrong like i added too much grease or something?

thanks for any input!

samson the creaking may be your slave cylinder, spray some lube on it, it could also be the lever that the slave cylinder presses up against, lube that up too and see if that helps good luck.

after I put in my act 2100 I had the same problem, my pedal was squeaking.

it’s the extra pressure against the pedal that the act exerts, I had to replace my bushing and all that jazz to get it work properly.

ACT recommends 200-300miles for a break in (500kms). at least tahts what the instructions said for my XTSS.