clutch engaging high.

hey,

have a question about my clutch. it doesnt start to engage till my foot is like 80% of the way up. and it jumps into gear really quick. because my leg is bent awkwardly.

any idea on how to fix this for s13. ive tried looking only finding things for s14 and the dampener

try adjusting your clutch pedal

that wont help with the engagement tho will it?

yea it should. i just did mine the other day because i put a new clutch in, i had to move it closer to the floor because it was grabbing when my leg was bent all funny haha.

yea mine is like that too. i will adjust the clutch pedal, just read something on it. hate working out of town, i get thinking about issues with my car and cant fix them till i get home on thurs. damn!

its not to hard to do just more of a pain to get down at the awkward angle. you just need to unhook the rod that goes to the pedal and shorten the length. It can be hard to push the rod off the pedal though so you might want to loosen the bleed on the slave just make sure you keep the level high in the res and you won’t have to worry about bleeding the system. Its also good if you have a buddy who can help you and can close the bleed on the slave once you’ve pushed the rod off the pedal.

^^^ i never had to loosen the bleed on the slave. is that bad? haha

well i swapped out my clutch mc i bled ir from that block until i didnt get any air. pedle is stiff. never got any out out of the slave… ill try adjusting the pedle

if the engagement point is moving around on you then i would try to bleeding from the slave. If its just high then all it is is the adjustment.

as long as it works right. its just easier to push and i had to do it a few times before i was happy with were it was set

If I make the pushrod shorter, I get a lot of pedal deadplay. It still engages near the top of the pedal stroke, before the deadplay. Is this normal?

dddd|LLeeeeOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
| = beginning and end of CMC stroke
d = deadplay
L = locked/clamped hard
e = engaged partially
O = disengaged completely

I know that text diagram is completely retarded but are the ratio’s appropriate? My old clutch used to engage right off the floor, it was a breeze to drive and modulate, but it was faulty and didn’t fully disengage regardless of pedal adjustment. This one I have to let the clutch raise and then anticipate nervously when it will grab, while having my leg in an awkward position. lol

get rid of the damn damper box and adjust your pedal properly.

done and done