clutch

fellas,
just got the car on the road today, as issue that arose.

All day it drove perfect, then after going to sushi, got back it, but in the clutch pedal and it was hard to put into first, grinded a little.
Drove around the block ,same thing, and second is the same. Also it engages literally a quarter inch off the floor with the pedal. Like right away.
I’m thinking it may just need adjusted. As it always engaged near the bottom. which i will do tomorrow. But what would cause this to all of a sudden happen? fluid heat? Master was new not long ago, slave not too sure. Fluid level was ok, but is dirty.

any ideas?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

id like to point out, that my engine bay get F’in hot.

Best to jack it up, have someone press the clutch pedal while you watch to see if the slave is extending fully and moving nicely, while you’re down there bleed the clutch then see how it is!

yeah, i’m hoping to resolve it without jacking it up lol. But i will be heading out to the shop tomorrow night anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

should probably point out its an s13 with an rb

Bleed it, probably a leaky master though. You don’t need to lift to bleed either haha. Just wait until its cold and reach down beside the tranny and go wild

i agree with what everyone is saying.

1. see the fluid level in rez.
  2. see the line touching any exhaust part.
  3. after jacking check how much the slave travels.
    3.5 bleed the system with fresh fluid.
  4. after that if slave travels good u got a bend or broken clutch finger.(or out of adj fingers cz some make 'em with adjustment screws)
  5. if slave is not moving:
    case a: your master seals and rings are dried (most likely if it is a used master dat has been siting somewhere without fluid in it)
    case b: both your master and slave or only your slave is messed up with dried seals and rings.

Well it’s all fixed. Was simPle, the nut holding the push rod was loose causing my engagement point the travel. Re adjusted the pedal and tightened the nut, and seems to have fixed the issue. Still going to do fresh fluid tho