Yet another clutch problem

Hi,

My problem is a little different that the ones I have seen on the board and want to know if someone can relate & tell me what could be wrong.

The clutch pedal is fine. Pushes in and comes back up properly. However, I noticed that lately, the clutch engages as soon as I release the pedal instead of half way up.

I am pretty sure the clutch isnt gone since the rpm and speedometer are in synch. (plus I changed the clutch just 2 years ago)

Must be either the SC/ MC / Bleeing the lines right?

THanks.
Nima

There is an adjusting rod under the dash behind the clutch pedal. it will change the spot where it enguages.

To have it enguage closer to the top, loosen the nuts and screw the rod closer to the engine I think. Just turn it 2 turns and fell the difference, if it made it worse, screw it the other way.

Good luck

Hi,

I wanted to try adjusting the pedal too since it got a little softer, but it’s kinda cold outside and I hadnt had time to do it. I will give it a try to make sure.

Thanks.

I finally got to look into adjusting the clutch and I am kinda puzzled.

Any help would be appreciated.

As per FSM;

• Adjust pedal height “H” using pedal stopper/ASCD cancel switch 192-202mm

My problem; even with the switch screwed out flush with the bracket, the pad of the pedal doesnt come more than 180mm out (and thats with the switch screw fully flush with the bracket!)

• Adjust pedal free play with MC rod to 1-3mm Then tighten nut.

My problem; I dont understand what free play they mean. ONLY the clevis pin? If so, how can it be adjusted with the MC rod? (Isnt the clevis pin the part that holds the pedal to the bracket and therefore no adjustment can be done?)

Pic also below for anyone who could point out what i’m supposed to do.

http://www.pic4.us/pic/tn_6Jx46802.jpg

Thanks.
Nima.

I think you should check your master and slave first because you shouldn’t have to adjust the pedal just out of the blue.

The symptoms you described is exactly what happened to my car then I went into a shop and by the time I walked back out i had no pressure (bad slave)