Clutch problem???

Ok, just bought this car off a buddy. As I am driving shifting gears sometimes isnt smooth and u have to muscle it into gear. Which by the way I never noticed until now. Now when I tried to go to work today I couldnt even put it in gear, everytime I tried it would grind like the clutch is engaged. Ill push the peddle all the way down and try to put it in gear but i still get the grinding noise.

I did get it into gear at one point and the car started moving on its own then it stalled out cuz i wasnt giving gas. Ideas, suggestions??? Anything??

pressure plate

your clutch might be going.

Try adjusting the engagment point at the pedal

its not pressure plates or adjustments its not going into gear easy cause its fucking cold outside and the heavy weight of the gear oil makes it very hard to get into gear smoothly, try double clutching until the trans warms up. like clutch out of first, let off clutch then push again to put into second. i had the same problem in my cars.

Just cause somewhat didn’t get how matt explained it.

1. Clutch in
  2. Neutral
  3. Clutch out
  4. Clutch in
  5. Gear

Do that.
Also, when was the last time your tranny fluid was changed?

Its not because of the cold, it has happened once with the previous owner and it was a warmer day…

Fluid was changed when the SR swap accured a couple months ago.

Clutch adjustment problem for sure.
Cold tranny fluid doesn’t mean you need to muscle it into gear and cause it to grind. Double clutching is masking other problems like worn synchros etc.
Start with clutch pedal adjustment and work your way up from there.

You engagement point is right on the ground as you mentioned the car started to move when you DID get it in gear. Look into the adjustment or leaky master or slave.

You have obviously never drivin a 240 in below 0 weather.

…or a nissan lol