Clutch Sensor Starting Issue

I know I’m going to do a horrible job explaining this but I’m hoping that you’ll all be able to help or give some advice.

I’ll start by asking a couple of questions first but then get into the details.

1. How difficult is it to disconnect the clutch sensor for starting the car?
  2. If I disconnect the clutch sensor would I need to do anything else to the car to be able to start it or would disconnecting it allow me to just put the key in and start it like an automatic car?
  3. Could moisture cause problems with the sensor?

I’ve been having an issue for some time now which only seems to be getting worse and I believe it’s to do with the clutch start sensor.

What normally happens is I put my key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, wait to hear the various sounds the car makes (Sounds like resistors or something… But it’s always done this), and then I would put down the clutch and turn the key to start the car.

What’s happening now is that I go through the same process but when I go to start the car the power cuts out for a split second (every car I’ve ever had has done this so I’m not concerned about that), and then nothing. I used to be able to get away with just releasing the clutch and then pressing it down again but usually I would turn the key back to the on position, release the clutch, press it down again and try again. While it doesn’t seem to happen every time lately what’s been happening is that it’s been taking more and more tries to get the car started.

I’m quite positive it’s not the starter itself as that was replaced not too long ago and is good as new. I’m also quite sure it’s not the battery either. Since the problem seems to be resolved by releasing and pressing down the clutch (sometimes I have to press it REALLY hard or, pressing it on one side or the other seems to help).

Any and all help in regards to this would be greatly appreciated and I would like to thank anyone/everyone that response to this in advance.