Clutch/Tranny Problems

Here’s the deal…started car up engaged clutch let it up and all of a sudden I hear something rattling put clutch back down and noise goes away…had the same noise during the summer…replaced input shaft bearing and it went away…could it go bad from sitting and not being drived…also before it used to rattle when clutch was engaged and dis-engaged…i also replaced clutch fork and throw out bearing during summer

By the way tranny was also inspected during the summer…all internals/gears were in excellent condition…car also drives perfect and tranny shifts like a dream.

damnit, I was thinkin input shaft bearing as I was reading too. hmmmm, still thinking input shaft bearing…When you had the tranny apart were you anal as hell about clearances everywhere??? Because you should be, trannies are fucking amazing pieces of metal, but must be assembled perfectly.

Moved to correct forum

I would have to agree with the input shaft bearing. You should check it again just to make sure it wasn’t defective when you installed it.

im going to check the input shaft bearings first than go to clutch and clutch fork

Sounds like input shaft bearing or pilot bearing.