Cobra or Viper

3 WAY

MUSTANG VS ELIS VS [size=1]GAYRT10GAY[/size]

OK THE FAG JUST TEXT ME…HE LIKES THE VIPER SO BYE BYE COBRA!..

ohh well as long as hes happy :slight_smile:

And another one goes down to Viper Fever :smash2:

Buy what you will enjoy more Mike. Its about what you want and think… not anyone else. Just remember that you will have to be MUCH more careful with that car as it will probably attract more negative attention then good… especially due to your age and the fact that MANY people in western NY are jealous, ignorant, losers.

For starters dont park it at any bar or downtown.

That aside… go for it.

Just got home from driving Marcus’ 2002 GTS around for about 2 hours. I will write up my impressions shortly and i got a few pics :smiley:

LOL, he did it from my house too

Everytime someone pulls up next to you and asks if your parents bought it, tell them your mom died after giving birth and your father passed away 6 years ago from skin cancer.

It’ll shut them fuckers up pretty quick.

Congrats on your decision though. I woulda done the same thing if I was in the same boat as you. Speaking of which, I call my bathtub a boat, wanna hang out?

Bah, just tell them that you stuck your neck out for your country and you have earned it. I’m glad that you’re going to get one man. You deserve it…maybe someday i’ll be fortunate enough to afford one.

Aight. So it’s been raining the past few days so the roads got cleared up pretty nicely. So me and Marcus decided to get his car out for a spin so I could get some good seat time to see if this big investment is all that it’s cracked up to be from a driving standpoint.

Man, I really dont even know where to start. It really is a different driving experience from any other car I have driven so far. Everything just pretty much wraps around you, and you really feel like youre in the cockpit of a jet fighter or something lol. Its pretty sweet. Initially I had a bit of a gripe with my left knee being close to the steering wheel, but after fidgeting around and adjusting the seat back, I was good to go.

Ride quality. You know, maybe i was expecting it to be omg race car stiff, but it was fine. I mean dont get me wrong, the thing handles like its on rails, but just cruisin around and rowing through the gears down your average road with bumps here and there is fine. It feels a bit stiffer then my cobra with its lowering springs, not bad at all and definately still a comfortable ride by my standards.

T56. You know, i have the same tranny in the cobra with different gearing, but man does this one ever feel much better even with my snake having a pro 5.0. Its just rock solid, every gear just falls in, and omg the clutch feel is wicked compared to my cobra. Its like 1/3 the effort. At first i was like wtf is goin on here, but i adapted quickly and was lovin it by the time we came back to mark’s house.

Umm. Another thing I LOVED. When you are sitting in the car, the way the hood is shaped and how it molds towards the front is fucking awesome. I absolutely loved it, it just gives the feel that you have this sleek ass bullet in front of you with all that power lurking under the hood. Sweet shit.

Oh and another thing. You can just tell this things got so much torque down low, its awesome. If youre at a dead stop, just put it in first, let the clutch out semi slowly, and it takes right off, no gas needed lol. Just a night and day difference from my cobra where i have to gas it just a bit to get all that weight moving.

The exhaust sound is really growing on me. Mark’s ride has a Corsa out back and the more i drove the more i was falling in love with the sound. It is just so different then what i am used to being a stang guy all my life, but its a welcome and unique change.

And finally, performance. What can i say, for a basically stock car other then catback, its very impressive. THe power comes on real low and just stays steady til redline. Pick a gear, pick an RPM, stab the gas and the tq is just there and you’re off. I honestly think top end wise my cobra as it sits might put a car or two on this car, but with that said, i enjoyed the powerband of the viper much more, because its there at such low RPMs and in such abundance, that i dont even have to lay into the gas to get a nice push back in the seat. This isnt the case in teh cobra, i have to put enough of a load on it to get it into boost to get the same feeling.

Overall, just driving the thing around town is a blast. You feel like you’re in a powerful car, the looks are just outrageous, and everywhere we went the car just attracts attention and people take notice. It definately is unique. All in all i drove the car for about an hour and a half, and it passed my expectations with flying colors. The car rode great, shifted great, just felt great in every way. A Viper is definately in my future. I love my cobra and had alot of fun with it, met alot of great car people, but I think one of these cars will take that fun to a whole new level, and I am sure I will meet even more enthusiasts like myself, and have even more fun then i did cruisin with the droptop snake.

Consider me sold. :smiley: Oh and BTW, thanks mark, i appreciate it. Thanks for letting me cruise around and drive the car like it was meant to be driven, it showed me all i needed to see. :smiley:

Oh heres a few pics mark snapped before we left and during driving :slight_smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/Picture150.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/Picture151.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/Picture154.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/Picture155.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/Picture159.jpg

Anyone wanna buy a nice low mileage 04 cobra vert?

lol.

sure lets hangout in the tub :tup: But don’t worry Chris I will take you for a ride when I get mine. :hitit::smiley:

87FOXGT, good luck with your purchase. I am sure you will find the car that is for you. This summer will be a blast. I am excited to cruise and hang out with all here on this board.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/marc750/P1030406.jpg

Hey Mike- I figured after a drive there wouldnt be any more questions…

Just a note though, Vipers are very “funny” feeling accelleration wise compared to most other cars. The combination of a very tall gears with a virtually flat Tq curve equates to a deceptively quick car. it accellerates at a near constant rate for a longer period of time, which does not “feel” as fast as other cars that have short gears that THROW you into the seat for a second, or in Cammed, SC/TT cars that build power as the RPM’s increase.

Yeah Dan I definately understand that, and even with that said, I know my cobra well and I still think it would edge out the viper as it sits. No matter though, cobra is old news. :smiley:

nice condom hat homo

:lolsign:

Hope you find a nice one :slight_smile:

You know I will. :wink: Ugh 20/19" CCWs FTW :slight_smile:

Mike- Not saying it wouldnt… I dont even know what your Cobra puts down :gotme:

soo have you calmed down a bit? and are we still up for the race this comming summer?? just curious…