coilovers for a 240sx?

i got a 89 240sx and i was jsut wonderin what u guys think the best choice for coilovers would be i was lookin at megan racing or ksport

my buddy just put ksport on his i think he paid around 800 or something of that nature. His car rides nice and corners pretty good. Its bumpy as hell just like any coilover set. Just for some reason with them on and the stock ka his ass end never stays on the ground… Its always kicking out.

Seems like alot of 240 owners goes with KSport, I’m looking towards putting on A’pexi N1 Damper ExV will see how it handles.

i have the k sports… not a bad kit

I personally don’t have either but I would suggest the K Sport. I’ve driven a few 240’s with the slide kontrol coilovers. They seem to be a good quality good handling coilover. I don’t know if you intend to drift/race your car or just drive it. If you intend to drift/race your car spend the little extra and get the slide kontrol.
Get them here. Best price for them.
http://shop.hybridynamics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=34
http://shop.hybridynamics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=36

I have alot of friends that use stances. They all drift their 240s and they are also their dd’s. They have a wide range of them from a little under a grand to close to 3k.

I enjoyed my teins

yes stance is very nice, comfy and they come with 2 sets of springs with diffrent spring rates… i got mine for little under 1200 shipped i belive. they are soild.
just don’t get megans… the biggest waste of money… well if you bought matrix sleeves then that would be worse.

dsm’r if your buddys 240 is always kicking out… soften the rears up… solves alot of problems if your not drifting.

Anyone here have KTS? I’m having a tough time deciding between them and Stance.

why not megans?

talk to cheeks he just bought some

PIC makes some really nice coilovers, excellent track setup. Cusco would be a great option but not in that price range. Do you have any idea what rates you want to run? That will help narrow down which setup to go with

go with stance, i bought them a few months ago and they are a really nice set. inverse mono tubes in the front, they are durable and strong. had a set of tein ha’s previously and i don’t think the teins compare with stance at all.

plus they are made in chicago.

megan racing coilovers are a total waste of money enough said there.

I’ve got a set of megans on my s14 and i’m happy with 'em. good range in ride height, easily adjustable for height, dampening, and toe, and they’ve got good dampening and rebound.

i have coilovers on my nx…bouncy isn’t the word…but it corners/handles so much better than anything i’ve been used to

OMG…I was like drifting so hard but I can’t keep the back end straight…what do I do? I’m thinking about overnighting some JDM lug nuts from japan to improve the centrifugal balance of my type r edition carbon fiber accented drift wheels. What do you guys think?

how do you adjust toe with your coilovers???

I was thinking the same thing.:doh:

i think you tried too hard

sorry, camber. i posted that after a long day at work and a few extra hours under the car. the brain wasn’t firing on all 4.