cold start

I have a 90 S13 and i’ve been noticing that when i first start my car after its been sitting for a while and the engine is cold that it doesnt rev as freely as when its warm…it idle’s perfectly fine but if i rev it it seems like the engine is choking and the same thing happens if i start to drive it right away…it doesnt want to rev freely but as soon as it gets a little warm everything is fine.

is anyone else noticing this with their ka24e?

thanks,
Alex

my sr does that but that id because of a turbo leak,

check your fuel rail and hoses for kinks, i think you need to change your fuel filter.

What kind of oil is in your car?
It’s starting to get cold out and if you’re running a thicker oil like 20W50 then you should expect to have to some stumbling etc.

Oil sounds like the problem
Last year one night there was frost and my starter motor couldn’t even budge my enging in the morning with 5w-50 in it.
Changed the oil and it was like molasis.

Also when the engines cold its not at MAX compression and there is sig power loss there.

Its just like when you get outta bed in the winter and your all cold and move all slowly untill you warm up. :stuck_out_tongue:

im using 10w30 mobil 1 in my sr, it does the same in the morning… if i floor it after ive just started it up, i can make it stall

i know its not my oil. im using 10w-30 and it does it in the summer too when its warm outside

since its temp related, only other thing is coolant temp sensor. Checl that

hey could be fuel too, right? right?

Nope Never it could never be fuel related. :?

i’d say look at ur fuel filter, fuel pump, clean ur TB and AIV, check battery strength, cap/rotor and plugs…

take that shiftSR

:cry: