Colonie is Steppin it up

true, but thats the one thing thats a challenge for a lot of people who have a job where they deal with people. if you’re having a bad day, its tough not to take it out on others. and if an officer is having a shitty day and they start yelling at somebody they just pulled over, theyre venting some aggression. i got yelled at by a cop one time. he was literally yelling like it was personal. he got stuck with traffic directing for the day. it was hot outside and hes standing by HVCC and theres a SHITTON of cars going by. i understand that he got frustrated. i had finished classes for the day, it was a gorgeous bright summer day and i had my music turned up. i got close to him and he just shot daggers at me with his eyes. he proceeded to yell at me full volume after i shut the music off and then he made me go sit in the parkinglot nearby for 25 minutes, like a kid standing in the corner. then he told me to beat it after he talked to a superior and they told him that its a ridiculous reason to stop somebody. i was lectured again for 5 minutes and let go. the thing is, you cant really mouth off to cops in a situation like that and a lot of times they abuse that fact. you just gotta be professional and take your frustrations to the shooting range, ro run it out on a treadmill, go boxing or something.

To be honest, I am bias because I am not a fan of cops. I don’t care about some retard not wearing his seatbelt or parking on the side of the road after 1PM when the non-existant street sweeper is coming or even when some poor bastard is driving faster than normal to make it to work. These are the people that fuck the middle class who serve no real purpose but make money. Sure, the by-product is some roads with a few slower drivers. However, I can easily argue you should drive with the crowd and not the sign.

I do give my gratitude to the people that stop crime and protect the citizens that pay their fucking check. Stop giving out fucking tint tickets and stop murders/rapists.

You make it sound like cops just sit around and touch themselves all day?

While there is crimes/rapes that go on, theyre not superheros… they dont know when and how its going down… they dont have some spidey sense that goes off…

And then what after they find out and have information you exspect 30 cops to sweet a county… or call other county and have all their cops sweep the area?

You make it sound like they are protecting us by hiding in the bushes waiting for a dangerous speeder racing to work. For reference, I am referring to traffic cops.

That’s the purpose of detectives. You fail to grasp my point: Let’s concentrate on real crime instead of stealing our money.

Huh?

I have 30% tint and when I’ve gotten pulled over, the cops bright as spot light lit me up. They can see inside. They can see enough to see me fidgeting, that’s for sure.

Why aren’t FL cops clamoring/petitioning for tint laws? I would imagine they feel unsafe as well. They aren’t. It’s not about safety.

Exactly.

If this ‘safety’ was so cops could see you moving around inside while approaching your car, they would make the law so no windows would be tinted. The fact that ONLY the front windows can’t be tinted means it’s about money. By the time the cop gets to your front window, you could easily have blown him away.

But as Shady has said, regardless, I respect all police officers.

I ran from the cops when I was 16 (120 in a 35, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, unsafe passing, and 60 in a 45). Since then I’ve gotten one ticket for speeding, and one for no front plate. Both were warranted. I’ve never been pulled over and had my balls busted. If you are nice to them, they’ll be nice to you. But I’m just saying, many laws are about money.

Tint law is like the no ice cream in back pocket law down in SC (or whatever southern state it was). It’s retarded.

It’s just how you made it sound…

Honestly for the most part… cops won’t usualy pull you over for something as stupid as tint unless they feel there maybe more going on then you just having dark tint… Or theyre doing a campaign lke they are now…

Generaly they get you for speeding or disobeying traffic law and then nail you for other stuff

I can sorta relate to your post, Shawn. The very first tint ticket I got had me completely stumped actually. I drove to Salisbury to get my car chipped with my dad. on the way a van passed me goin about 70-75 and I said to my dad “wouldnt it be funny if we make it around this bend and hes pulled over?” and sure enough, he’s on the shoulder with a cop car behind him. on my way back i saw a RAPIDLY approaching set of headlights in my rearview and told my dad that “it would be funny if this was a two for two day”. i got passed by a saab moving about 90, as he passed me I saw a trooper in a suburban on the opposite side of the highway and pointed it out to my dad. the saab driver saw him and gunned it. i laughed and said to my dad that this is goin to be a two for two and that were goin to see a chase. the trooper swung around thru the paved part in the median, caught up to me and stopped me. i was going 64 in a 65. were sitting in the car wondering what happened. the cop comers over and barks to get me to give him my license and registration, snatches it out of my hand and leaves. at this point my dad starts to get mad and wants to get out to go yell at the cop. so i told him, just sit there and dont do anything, i was going under the speed limit and the cops radar wasnt even on. so my dad is sitting there muttering all kinds of stuff at the cop. cop comes by and give me a tint ticket and storms off back to his suburban and leaves. i am sitting there laughing. and i turn to my dad and ask “dad, explain this one to me, you’ve been driving a lot longer than I have, maybe you know. how is it that during a nice bright day, me moving 1mph UNDER the speed limit with 35% tint on my windows is more dangerious than a guy moving 100mph+?” my dad called the cop a fuckwad and said lets go home and throw the ticket in the garbage because we dont want a littering fine as well.

I do agree with Shawn on one thing though…drive with the crowd (unless the crowd is being stupid and doing like 50 over).

If everyone on the highway is doing 70 in a 55, DO 70 in a 55!

I personally believe that our highways should slowly get fazed into german autobahn types. But then again, that’s a LOT of tickets the government is leaving on the table, and therefore a lot of money. But maybe that’s just the European in me. European traffic laws are MUCH better than American ones. Much less issues. Not only laws but how their roads are designed. America has finally started to implement European styled traffic circles, etc. Bout damn time.

Straight from a PO:

If you want to know what is illegal or why your’s was found to be illegal, the answer lies in your state’s code or the facts of your installation.
If you are asking why state’s legislatures have seen fit to enact laws limiting or even prohibiting any additional window tint, the reasons are varied but most are likely due to two things.

1. Officer Safety.
  2. Traffic Safety.
    Both depend on vision, vision depends on the reception of light to work, both reflected light and light coming from a sorce. It isn’t just about the driver being able to see out. It’s also about officers and other drivers being able to see you when you drive for clues to whether you are pointing a gun at the officer or looking their way when you are sitting at a stop sign as they approach along the highway at 55 mph.

That’s complete bullshit. The colonie cops are out to get the younger people in the imports to make money. They aren’t out because they think Bin Laden is hiding in a rice out CRX.

Also, when they do random stops on the road and check every single car. Are you saying they can see potential DWI or other potentially illegal activities by starring at the inspection/registration ticket?

Source? Or, your opinion?

About the stop sign/highway thing…

People can pull out into traffic without tinted windows.

Again, having tint or not having tint makes no difference.

Gullable say what!?

Okay…all I’m saying, for the record, is laws such as tint are money FIRST (maybe safety is a reason, but it most definitely is NOT, the overriding concern).

Yea, from the whole rotterdam PD that I know… the 2 state troopers that live in my neighborhood I’ve talked to about this kind of stuff… some guilderland cops… pretty much a lot of the cops in the upstate area…

And from personal experiance

Than explain why during planned traffic stops, they just give out weak ass tickets and stare at inspection/registration? Unless, you are black, then you get searched. :retardclap

Also, what do you expect the cop to say? “Yea, we are told to ticket for revenue”. I’d make up some shit too.

BTW, my source -> several attornies who are in court on a daily basis. They’d laugh at me if I told them that revenue isn’t the primary reason.

Rotterdam PD… Are personal friends of the family that I’ve known since I was born if you will…

THose “planned” traffic stops are there to check for seatbelts registration and inspection, and “illegal” things with the car… They have every right and are there for that purpose to stop and ticket you.

I never said it wasnt about revenue…

They are lying to you or oblivious to their purpose as an officer.

Again, the traffic stops is for MONEY. Re-read that a few times to understand the context of this conversation. :slight_smile:

Yea, that’s it. :retardclap

Ah, that’s the main focal point of the conversation.