***Come play GTR2 ***

New video card = now I can play the game without having a seizure. The only problem is my old wheel broke and the controller I am using isn’t analog. :frowning:

stop breaking your shit :poke:

Ok so as you all know, the Rolex 24Hrs of Daytona is this weekend. I was checking out the qualifying results for the GT class here:

http://www.grand-am.com/Events/SessionResults.asp?SessionID=798

Here are the top five:

24 81 GT 1 Patrick Huisman Synergy Racing / Porsche GT3 Cup 1:51.800 114.633 EMC Mechanical/ Gamewell Mechanical

25 74 GT 2 Wolf Henzler Tafel Racing / Porsche GT3 Cup 1:52.199 114.226 Rembrandt Charms

26 70 GT 3 Sylvain Tremblay SpeedSource / Mazda RX-8 1:52.222 114.202 Mazda/ Mazdaspeed

27 66 GT 4 Andy Lally TRG / Porsche GT3 Cup 1:52.237 114.187 iRise/ CRG/ F1 Air/ Maxter/ Rotax/ NFP/ MBA Group/ NETTTS

28 06 GT 5 Johnny O’Connell Banner Racing / Pontiac GXP 1:52.427 113.994 Banner Engineering

So I was thinking, how about a little Daytona Challenge for tonight and tomorrow, with the GT3 Cup cars, let’s he how close we can get our times to the real thing?

It’ll be fun, I’m a big fan of the full Daytona course.

So far, 1:54.3. You’re going to find that the 911 likes to kill its right rear tire at Daytona. Stupid rear engine…

Not a totally fair comparison either since we are running 996s and they are running 997s.

Not all the teams are running 997s :confused:

Or maybe I’m confusing it with Porsche Cup? I know they still run 996s

you can run what you brung at daytona. 996 or 997. team sahlen had some of both.

Im down for trying to run some daytona tonite. in GTR2. have a wheel & the game. but i still cant seem to find your guys server.

Watching most of the Rolex now. According to the announcers, 10 of the GT3 cars were 997, the rest of the Porsche entries are 996s. The 997s have slightly bigger engines, and they have abandoned ABS completely. The 996s are running what we normally expected and have (optional) ABS depending on the team.

I also saw the Salen’s Porshce in the field. I thought they retired that car?

1. Did you install the patch? You need to have v.1.1.0

2. did you set your realism to full sim?

PM me with any other questions, we’ll be on again tonight after 10pm.

Monaco 1979 was upgraded to version 1.1 today… get it at nogripracing.com and don’t forget to delete your old version before installing the new one!

thanks for the call last nite bret. it was the Full SIm setting keeping me blind.

Just need to get a bit tuned in my setup and all. was still adjusting wheel settings & sensitivity for some reason i couldnt get out of the infeild without hitting full lock and still pushing into the grass. way to many settings to Mess with in this game… but its getting better with practice.

So i am finally getting the hang of the game using my shitty controller but the only track i know well enough to race is Laguna Seca and maybe Monza. Maybe after another couple of days i will be ready to race.

New version of the Indianapolis GP Course on nogrip:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=2516

Basically they fixed everything! It’s working now, and has been installed on the server. Go get it!:smiley:

** Delete your old version before installing the new one… **

What are you guys running times wise in a ngt car at laguna seca?

I’ll let you know when I get a decent NGT time there… been running GT cars lately.

Anyway, I’ve got this whole car skinning thing figured out. Presenting the Matrix Racing Corvette…

Should be available for download at nogrip and rscnet within the next couple of days (if not hours).

Turned out pretty good B :tup:

I can see the improvements from the version you showed me yesterday.

Matrix Racing v 1.0 is now up at nogripracing and RSCnet.

just put it up on the server. Good job :tup:

New GT3 RSR skin in progress. This one is based upon an old Tyco slot car I used to have.

Hot :tup:

Now it is done, and uploaded at nogrip and rscnet.