***Come play GTR2 ***

Server is up now. Y’all don’t start the race without me, I’m on my way home. If anyone wants to play, and you don’t have the server password, PM me.

I bought the game now I just need a wheel or something…

Wow…that was cool…close out the trades and get on GTR2 … Have practice at 3:00 for the CRF…!

KK

So watching the first turn carnage from the Imola race… I had an awesome start and was intending to get into the lead by the first left-right combo. However, I also use the clutch at the start, which means that I actually have to remember to move my left foot back over to the brake pedal… which I didn’t do until I had already missed my braking point. :oops: After bumping Rx3 (which wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been), I got backended and spun around by Karl. Garick managed to take the inside sand to avoid the whole mess. After I got righted, I entered the left-hander side-by-side on the outside of Karl, who didn’t see me and shoved me off into the gravel. Then I completely screwed the pooch and backed the car into the guardrail hard.

After that the car was pretty much undriveable with all the aero damage so I limped it all the way back around to the pits, where I lost a lap getting it taken care of.

damn too bad i missed it all. my screen has been getting a lil better with the choppiness.

[Last night’s replays (11/08/06)are up](http://www.comtrix.net/~rick/NYSPEED GTR2/110806 replays)

Ooops! Sorry Brett RX3 and myself got or ass handed to us playing in Japan.

Eh, I dunno. I did finish 4th :slight_smile:

And I had the fastest lap until about midway through the race. If the rolling start wasn’t such chaos with the accidents, I think I could have finished on the podium. Although the guy in first place was ahead by like ~5-6 sec per lap :eek:

Here are some low-res shots from my POS Centrino laptop that I play the game on. If you have a video card that is any good, things look 200% better/sharper, as neurokinetik and Itagaki can attest. :slight_smile:

Just off the starting line at Imola: Rx3 in the lead, followed closely by neurokinetik with Garick and Krazykarl neck and neck.

OH SNAP! neurokinetik in a spin getting tagged by Krazykarl. Rx3 and Garick sneak out of harm’s way through the kitty litter.

Krazykarl in hot pursuit of Garick, as you can see from Garick’s onboard camera.

Garick diving into a turn, shooting flame as he downshifts.

and the best picture of all, RX3 FTMFW!!!

Out of curiosity how is the car selection in the game. I assume it’s all race cars but is there a good blend of classes/manufacturers? Is it all newer race cars or are their older models as well?

Basically any car in the FIA GT series, as well as the Spa 24hr, Monza 24hr, etc etc.

YOu’ve got a slew of porsches (Cup cars, RS, RS-Rs, Biturbos, GT2s), some Vipers, C5Rs, TVRs, various Ferrari’s (360 GTC, 360 Modena, 550 MAranello, 575 GTC, etc.), Lotus Motorsport Elise/Exige, Seat, MAserati, Mosler, Lister Storm, on and on.

PLUS there is a large online mod community, so there are plenty of mod cars with new skins, etc.

It is based upon the FIA GT series. They have almost every car that competed in the series in 2003 and 2004, minus a livery or two from privateers. Every track that was raced in the series appears as well. As others will attest, there are some really fun tracks to run. Plus realistic simulation of dynamic weather and time of day.

The cars off the top of my head:
Corvette C5R
Dodge Viper Competition Coupe and variants
Ferrari 360 Modena and variants
Porsche 911 GT3 cup car and variants
BMW M3 GTR
BMW Z3 M Coupe
Nissan 350Z
TVR something 400
some Seat that I can’t remember
Lotus Elise
Saleen S7

…and a couple others that Rick mentioned before I was done typing.

man I really should pick up this game although i bet it runs like crap on my comp :frowning: I love racing games but I am kinda over the whole upgrading my perfectly fine computer to run one game.

Just pick it up. Blackula is running it on a Celeron in low res. It still looks good, and plays great. Check on the first page or so for minimum requirements.

Server is up right now. I won’t be on for a while because I am putting my cockpit/wheel setup together tonight. Have fun, I’ll try to get on later.

your making me want to buy this… haha

Best $20 you’ll spend this year :tspry:

Can you upgrade your cars and / or buy new ones. Kind of like Gran Turismo for PS2. Or is it a deal like you pick a track and you have like 10 cars to chose from to race on that track. Kind of curious and thinking about buying the game.

Pick a track, and have cars to choose from. Though it would be nice if any such thing as GT2-4 existed for PC.

You don’t buy upgrades, because they give you everything. You can change anything in your setup, so no need to buy add ons. You start with top of the line.

It is a race car after all…