coolant leak?

it seems on my motor (turbo d16) that when i get on it past like 6k rpms my coolant shoots all into my engine bay, any ideas on what would cause this? i just replaced the thermostat and radiator think that was the problem, but also when i get on it my temp gauge goes all the to hot then back to normal a couple times. But it doesnt seem like my engine is overheating, i know a couple guys on here have seen it happen when we cruise or whatever but no one seems to know why it does this.

sounds to me like u have a coolant leak, although i dont think u needed me to tell u that.

but the coolant doesnt come out unless i get on it, no leaks at idle or normal driving, only at high rpm’s

higher rpm’s means ur engine is getting much hotter(thermostat wide open) and ur water pump is pumping much harder. when the fluid is very hot and flowing that fast there is a lot of pressure in the system.

i know that, but i wanna find out how to stop the coolant from spraying out lol

take all the pinch clamps off and put worm gears on, i had a problem with my pinch clamps leaking under full pressure, you need to pin point where it is spraying from.

yeah just look to see where its coming from

[quote=“layzie,post:6,topic:29371"”]

take all the pinch clamps off and put worm gears on, i had a problem with my pinch clamps leaking under full pressure, you need to pin point where it is spraying from.

[/quote]

:word:

alrite…ill try that, thanks kev and everyone else