COVID-19/20/21/22 Discussion (NOW COVID-23?)

I have engaged directly with both dr. Luckhiw and her brother scott who is currently in line for compensation from the govt.

Their mutual story is remarkable. She is one of 3 drs that is a part of a pontentially rehabilitative or disastruous case advancing through our legal system right now.

I would bet it will be disastruous rayher than rehabilitative.

came across this today.
30:30 - “looks like the messenger RNA is transferring from vaccinated to unvaccinated”

May have been covered in the link above, but I have not dug into it much.

2 Likes

it’s coming hard now. we’ll see if any of it matters.

the stuff coming out of Japan right now is further ahead than this dude but it’s hard to find any summaries or content that are reasonable summaries.

you will have to trust the translation but this dude has been going off in Japan of late. there’s another video from this week from him but i cant find it on youtube.

Not happening.

not a meme but a great chart from Reddit

that is a crazy mean shift, I would say since the pandemic people are more cognizant of not coming into work if they are sick. I used to go to work with a box of tissues and work through a faucet nose while today I wouldn’t dream of it.

And you know what? Good.

Fuck the man, fuck companies that abuse the employee “loyalty” bullshit.

I come first. If I feel like shit, I’m not going to work. Employers LONGGGGGG abused their employer/employee relationship. So much guilt tripping, threatening, passive aggressive policies, etc.

Fuck em.

1 Like

i guess that should have been in the covid thread… @Onyx_Z32 can move it maybe? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are definitely a ton of sick people right now though. Almost everyone I know has had either flu or RSV symptoms in the past month. I’m just getting over what I assume was RSV.

Conspiracy theory version, the shot destroyed our immune systems and that’s why everyone is sick.

More likely version, we spent 2 years masked and isolated and now that we’re all back out there in the wild recklessly licking doorknobs again we’re all getting sick. Kind of like how that first year we sent our kid to daycare my wife and I were sick for a year. Our DINK immune systems with little to no direct access to kids were in no way prepared for multitude of viruses our spawn was going to bring home every day.

3 Likes

it’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s both.

lockdowns dont prevent spread, lockdowns delay it… becuase we have to go out eventually. and the longer we isolate the worse it gets.

and then the vaccines certainly do impair immune responses, though it is different for everyone. this was one of they key alarm bells that the folks that have been right all along have been screaming about since summer of 2020.

the science and data on both of these is sound and long-standing. the conspiracy theory only has to do with whether or not it was intentionally done this way or not. i believe it was intentional or at least criminal negligence.

okay @Onyx_Z32 you really do need to split this back into the covid thread now…lol

edit:
Shit, I thought this was the covid thread :smiley:

Having spent another 10 hours at the Millard Fillmore Suburban ER yesterday…
The place was slammed. No visitors allowed in the ER waiting room. (Not that I would leave, but had to stand)

It took 5 hours for my wife (44) to get back to a bed. She was having chest pains, felt clammy, and had a BP near 200/110. EKG in 15 minutes then a 5 hour wait.

They literally pull people from the waiting room for testing/blood work. x-ray etc, then it’s musical chairs when they get back.

That place sucks.

I had not heard about this RSV thing. There were only a couple of people coughing there. I’ll have to look up symptoms. Maybe the guy moaning non stop and super loud for 4 hours in the waiting area had it.

Definitely not overrun at all though… am I right?

Legit laughed out loud in the office. :rofl:

2 Likes

Damn, that’s the place 3 minutes from my house and it’s normally a top notch hospital. Hope your wife is doing better.

RSV is generally like a common cold, but this year people are getting much more serious cases. Vax related? Shit immune systems because of 2 years of isolation related? Who knows. My aunt and uncle both got it (confirmed by what ever test the dr’s run) and ended up in the ER, sent home with nebulizers to clear up their lungs. They’re both 2 initial shot vax’d and no boosters or anything since just like me. Also have had confirmed covid just like me and it was nothing more than a bad cold/weak flu for all of us. I haven’t been back home to visit that area (300 miles away) in a year so I didn’t get it from them. Thanksgiving week my daughter had the flu (chills, fever, soreness, vomiting, cough etc) but bounced back in a few days. Cough is still lingering a little but not bad, probably be gone in a few more days. Monday I started to get a sore throat and by Tuesday AM it was really sore with a runny nose and coughing. Took a sick day that day. Wednesday was good enough to work from home but around 2am both Tues/Wed I was up coughing up some nasty shit out of my lungs. Thursday was borderline good enough to go back to the office but didn’t because I was still coughing a ton. Friday back in the office but my ass was kicked by the time I went home. Hindsight should have just finished out the week remote. Saturday did basically nothing and Sunday was good enough to go skiing 20 runs with my daughter, albeit with a little struggle catching my breath if I pushed hard. Cough is only symptom hanging around and it’s pretty watery now, more annoying than anything else.

1 Like

She’s doing ok. All the ER doc did was a nitro sublingual to help get BP down quickly and a ton of bloodwork and x-ray that all looke good.
Then he called our terrible PCP and she told him that my wife needed to be admitted to do a stress test in the AM. We said NFW to that idea and left.

Sorry, but you are going to make my wife run on a treadmill with high bp and chest pain, so you feel better about upping her from the absolute minimum dosage of Losartan Htcz that she started last Thursday, but was not really doing anything.

They really emphasized that we were signing out against medical advise too. She could have a stroke and die etc…

note: move to covid or a new ‘why doctors suck’ thread :wink:

I can’t even begin to tell you how much doctors suck.

We’ve had the the RSV run through our house. My two daughters, 6&3 are just about the same as @JayS 's daughter. They are mostly ok with a linger cough. I’ve had basically no issues, my wife has had a sore throat but nothing major. All of us pure bloods.

So random a$$ story. I started feeling more and more tired, basically chalked it up to getting older (37 now). Go see doctor and he takes my blood pressure and its boarder line high, says I’m probably tired because my high blood pressure? ok so I start some lower dose blood meds. Getting even more sleepy over the next 6-8 months, some aches and not super motived. So now he says I probably have some low level depression and puts me on some meds. So I take them for a bit and feel like I’m going crazy. Body still achy still sleepy, not motived but don’t seem to care, zoned out way more.

I’m like F This, talk to another doctor… he is like do you snore? I’m like yeah why. He is like do you snore bad? well yes, again why? Sends me to a sleep study. Low and behold, I’m waking up like 250 times a night and stop breathing a bunch. I get on a C-Pap machine, sleeping great, blood pressure back to normal, motivated and back to my old self. If I didn’t get anther doctor, I’d be going down some road of life long medical dependency for side effects of me just not sleeping basically.

Side side note, if you feel sleepy I HIGHLY suggest you do a sleep study.

2 Likes

So shitty that the first doc just threw meds at you without even suggesting a sleep study but that’s modern medicine unfortunately. As someone that’s been on a cpap for many years I tell everyone I know that talks about being tired to get a study done.

1 Like

Life changing right? I’ve been telling this story to as many as I can.

I thought for sure you were going to go with TRT as the solution.

Glad it was a “simple” fix.

Does a fitbit catch that level of sleep issues?

For my wife, im sure stress has a lot to do with it.
We pretty much had the worst 6 months of our lives.

Yep, I used to fight my alarm and dragged my ass to work at 8am. Now I usually wake up before my alarm, fully refreshed and switched to the 7am shift. My borderline high BP dropped to normal within a few months on the cpap. If you snore there is a very good chance you’re having apnea events and they are just terrible for you.

1 Like