Daily driven, time attack, drift beater...

Hey guys,

so I’m still having problems choosing b/w a 240 and a miata, but I honestly just want to get a 240 b/c it has such a greater community ;). Was wondering, if I wanted to drift/time attack a 240, what would be the best way about setting up the car, suspension mainly? Or would I have to tune the suspension differently for each event? I’m probably going to weld the diff if that matters.

I wouldn’t advise a welded diff for a daily, you’ll get a noise at low speed turns n wear your tires pretty quick I think. I’ve never personally ran one but not having a welded diff will also keep the cops away in my opinion :slight_smile:

Obviously, running one in winter is quite unsafe (but fun as some will say lol)

I run welded diff daily. Its loud, kills tires, but so much fun. Don’t be soft

get a miata

Hahahaha, not so much fun in my area.

I’m actually curious about the suspension question too…

miata has a better chassis and suspension to begin with… i would recommend an fd rx7…

i could have just bought an fd rx7 if i didnt start with a 240 and go as deep in mods on my 240…

Sticky wide tires, good dampers (koni, bilstein, moton, jrs), better brakes, eliminating all bushings and replacing with heim, stiffening and making lightweight the chassis… pretty much

if you just want to have some fun and learn time attack n shit. All you really need is some coils, brakes and tires.

As for the welded diff, its plain stupid if you plan on doing anything other than drift. Keep the stock vlsd, and when you have money, get a proper 1.5 way, or 2 way.

Even though the Miata is a good car, and i know a couple guys with fast ones, I still wouldn’t get one.

good replies so far, thanks.
I would love a rotary, but IMO they’re too expensive/risky for me.
I thought 240’s had stock open diff’s and vlsd’s were only available on certain models as an option…
if mine had an open diff, I’d have to weld it tbh. And I hear it’s really not that bad anyways aside from tight cornering.