damage from potholes

any of you ever send in a claim for damage done to your car from a pothole. im curious if any of you who have done it actually got reimbursted for it. i was drivin the other nite and there was a long series of potholes. i picked my route to go through them and there was a piece of fill from one of the holes stickin up. i nailed it. i went home and took a pic of the hole(bastard was like 8 inches deep in one spot) took home the piece of fill that i hit(it was the size of a football) and took a pic of the damage. its not pretty. heres the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/danteisme/hole.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/danteisme/header.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/danteisme/header2.jpg

think i have a chance for some compensation?

i got a $500 check during hwy construction on rt 22 coming back from the track. mailed letter to state about the hole and speed sensor damage it caused, they mailed me back and said send the claim to the construction co they have insurance. and i got a check one month later.

there was one at century 3 mall, it was at the krispy kreme exit out of the mall, goddamn thing was at least 1 to 2 feet deep! and like 5 feet in diameter with no cones around it!!! i didnt see it cuz it was snowing and i smashed into it and once a tow truck got me out i went in and bitched like hell to the office and a month later i find 600 bucks to fix the damages and 2 $100 gift cards to that certain type of mall chain, ( i forget the name)

5 feet whide by 1 foot deep i’ll call bs thats fuckin a sink hole

ah this is good to hear, i dont want someone to try and fix that exhaust manifold…id like to get a new one.

call 1800fixroad that is penndot’s hotline and you will be able to get in contact with some one there … i cream the tunnel out near my house a few winters ago … ask The1SloShelby about the bridge near me … when they salt it all add’s up …

OMG :bowrofl: that bridge would be so much fun with a subaru lol

you got this bridge that will put you 30’ away but right on the other side of this is a shapr left turn and there is a wall right there

Eh penn dot is iffy about the pot holes. My buddy bought a new car after I got mine and he only had 2000 miles on it. Hit a pot hole and it broke his passenger side axel strut and did damage to the fender. I think it was 2100 total and the car only had 2k miles on it. Penn dot told him to basically pound salt, and then his insurance company screwed him 7 moths later and marked it against him. It was a cluster fuck. He fuaght it for 2 years and basically gave up.

hmm, well this pothole was fixed and maybe from the freezin cold and the rain the fill broke apart. i actually hit the stuff they used to fill the hole with as it was stickin up out of the hole. i dunno, we will see. i called them this mornin and they said they were sendin a claim form to me in the mail

i’ve got two flat tires in like 3 months on bigass potholes around my house…the townships around me wouldnt pay for that shit but it might work with penndot

Penndot has told me to hit the road (pun intended) a few times. There is a bridge near me thats in awful condition that I bent a rim on. Up until recently there were spots about 6 inches long, but about 3 -4 ft across that were just HOLES. You could stand on the bridge and look down below at the road. Skinny people could have fallen through! I sent pictures to the rep I was talking with and they wouldn’t do a thing about it. They tried patching it at least a dozen times, but they would jus tpour blacktop in it… of course it would fall through. Dumbasses. They did fix a majority of it right before winter hit this year but not all of it. I dont understand penndot. They’re all bastards.

that is all are tax money at work … and they are to busy going on vactaion to worry about us !!!

well i got my reply from penn dot. basically it says it is against the law for them to reimburst me for my damages caused from a pothole. i forget exactly what the law was but there was sub sections to it and what not…so im gonna say its legit…dammit. :1320: :bash: