DC area?

wrd

Traffic isn’t a big concern of mine…I would be going there to do something I love and get paid very well for it.

traffic drives me crazy

does this mean you arent buying something at the end of the week

Just weighing my options…

And yes im still buying “something” at the end of the week.

I say do it.

If u get bored, hang out w/ JohnnyS2000 heh.

Plus ur close to atlantic city, hit me up, u know i love the ca$hino

perhaps i should have stated that the frequency of hot chicks in dc is 5x greater than that of buffalo. :slight_smile:

lol johnny wont im so sorry

Great place to live, great night life, lots of history, etc…as long as you can hit up the Metro traffic shouldn’t be an issue.

I have a friend that works at Sun and lives in NOVA. Let me know if you want his contact info.

I went to DC this past summer. It’s a cool city to visit, but I wouldn’t like to live there. To expensive, crowded, and a lot of crime. Good sites though and lots to do.

If you had a job offer that pays well given the cost of living and it’s what you want to do, go for it.

+1

I liked it when I visited some friends down there. And yes traffic is horrible, but the subways are very easy clean and convenient, so utilize them.

Would you be living right in the city?

The want ads for IT type jobs is huge. You would do well there job wise. Yes, the traffic sucks like all big cities. There is a ton to do and you can find any culture you want. The best part is Maryland International Raceway. A+ track, owners are cool.

It will be expensive but your salary will take care of that. My last year there I made 105K. Jobs do pay well.

I had a 5 bedroom house which I paid 267K for. Sold it 8 moths later in 2000 for 329K. My house just sold again for 750K +. I am sure the rent has gone crazy as well.

The only down side is that my ex wife lives there. lol

well i just moved alittle more than a hour from dc so

haha, not necessarily

EDIT: shit fuck

DC is a nice place to live. Lots of things to do. Not as busy as NYC. Tried to look for a place near work. The traffic on the beltway is the worst on friday afternoon. The salary is 100x better than buffalo. Buffalo is a depressing place, get out of there as soon as you can. Crime is not such a big issue down here. Stay away from Prince George county and the ghetto area of DC. People keep complaining about living expenses down here, it’s not too bad. You make more money down here so it’s pretty much balance out.
Maryland is slightly cheaper to live than Virginia.
The car scene down here is pretty cool. You get a few amigos with their hooked up hondas here and there. Boatload of tuner shops down here. The motor vehicle law in VA is kind strict. Emission inspection every 2 yrs and safety inspection every year. They will failed you if your airbag light is on. Don’t think of speeding down here. They can ticket you for reckless driving and 1000+ fine.

Any one else?

I will tell you next weekend, I am going to be there for a day or so

im about 40 mins from DC (Baltimore)… I usually go once or twice a month. Super cool place to live. Great nightlife, food, shopping, and the Metro system rocks!! etc. I recommend living around Georgetown or Adams Morgan. Its expensive and traffic does suck.

Only thing that sucks is many of the hot girls all go to GW or Georgetown and come from money…they can be stuck up bitches.

AC is too far, 3+hour drive and its miserable. Unsure what the car scene is like (not really into it anymore) I think N. VA has a huge import scene.:stuck_out_tongue:

Have u considered Baltimore?? we lead the nation in homicides!!:wave: But we have good crab cakes !!!