DC traffic? *NEW QUESTION*

Say I’m coming up 95 from Richmond, passing through / around DC, and heading to Baltimore. If I’m planning on hitting DC before lunch (lets say 10-1030)… How bad should I expect the traffic to be in / around DC?

EDIT:

Anyone taken the Chesapeake bay bridge? Are there certain times thats way too packed to be worth it?

from my experiences…DC traffic sucks at all time…unless its 4 am or 11pm lol…if you can go around DC do it…

It shouldn’t be bad that late…

Just to be sure, I mean 10-1030 AM…

What time is it normally I-want-to-slit-my-wrists bad?

you should be fine at that time

rush-hour is when it really sucks. In the morning until probably 9:30-10. Then in the afternoon starting around 4pm I think.

That’s my best guess from driving through a bunch of times.

After 9:30-10 it clears up…

Grab a late breakfest

awesome, thanks gents

now that is all cleared up we can get to the real questions.

what did you buy?

lol, I didnt buy anything.

however, my roommate (not Cougarspeed, the scientist) bought a 99 WS6 that is currently located in FL.

We are flyin down on sunday, and taking our time drivin back up, stopping at various places to cause trouble.

I’ve driven through DC a few times and never found it that bad, but always avoided the key rush hours. The weird thing is you’ll be doing 80, then 0, then 80 again and never see why exactly you stopped, or understand how the transition could happen so quickly.

boring

lock it up

i’ve got my eye out for something, waiting for the right deal to come along…

the richmond dc area is the worst. I wanted to kill myself sitting in that shit for hours

FML.

New question: anyone taken the Chesapeake bay bridge? Are there certain times to avoid?

The bay bridge is a fun drive in the “I’ve never done this before” sense. That being said, once you get off the north end that road is HEAVILY patrolled, 55mph, and has some cross roads that go through it. It’s a rural divided highway. It ends up being SEVERAL hours out of your way. Granted you may end up sitting SEVERAL hours on the beltway if you decide to head that way. Especially since there was just some energy conference down there.

we were planning on hitting it from the VA beach side, going across, flippin a bitch, and doin it again.

yeah, what MPD said.

The bay bridge is cool if you have never done it before. To get to buffalo, it’s WAY out of the way.

Right now the plan is this.

Fly into West Palm Beach, FL

Pick up car in Port St. Lucie, FL

Drive car to New Smyrna Beach, FL stay overnight at roommates aunt’s condo

Drive to Charlotte, NC stay overnight at friend from HS’s place (we may just stay on 95 and when we get tired, find a hotel and some beers and just crash for the night)

Drive to Chesapeake Bay Bridge, flip a bitch back to va beach, chill with dre?

Drive to Charlottesville, VA stay overnight at roommates uncle’s place, get shitfaced with hick uncle

leave for Baltimore as close to 8-830 am as possible stop for lunch with his dad

drive to Hammondsport NY stay overnight at my aunts place on keuka lake

back to Buffalo, NY

edit: of course, this is pretty flexible. we might decide to stop a few more places, like atl, just to party. both of us dont have to be back to work till the 3rd, so whatever.

8-830 am is the WRONG time to be driving in that direction. I wouldn’t leave charlottesville before 10am. Its amazing how many people drive from there to DC in the morning.