Dear all Taurus SHO haters:

^I’ve read that if sales go well there will be a manual trans option in a year or so…

*nice work with the Trailblazer reference Tom:)

I know Ford can make good cars, I just have yet to see it. So personally…I’ll keep underestimating Ford, and deep deep down…wish they’ll prove me wrong with whatever car is coming out next.

This one seems promising :smiley:

Not to bring up an old slogan…but have you driven a Ford, lately?

And your comment is a bit misleading. You state you know they can make good cars, but you have yet to see it. Going with this rational, you’ve never driven one:)

In typical American auto industry fashion they have the logic ass backwards. You offer the manual trans so when the car mags, blogs and enthusiasts sites get a hold of the car they rave about how it really does compete with the european sedans. Instead all those people will say, “it’s ok, but doesn’t have the same soul and involvement of it’s european counterparts”. Some will come right out and blame the lack of a manual trans, but most will leave it with vague statements like I posted. Sales will never be that great, a manual will never get offered, and another great car will be reduced to a sidenote because some bean counter axed a critical component.

Offering a manual, despite it’s eventual low percentage of sales, makes a statement about the cars real intent. Regardless of how many posers buy automatic version of said vehicle you still need to real enthusiast’s version with the manual to exist so the vehicle gets the reviews that make the posers want it.

You can’t take your view and impost it upon the mass car-buying public. Many of us who belong to these boards are car enthusiasts. You have to look at the marketplace as a whole. Look at the percentage of people who buy cars buy an auto trans and compare it to the percentage of people here who drive a manual. Most people given the choice would buy an automatic given no other factors. You would prefer a manual, the car mags would prefer a manual as would I. But the vast majority of people in the market for a new car wouldn’t. I can assure you Ford’s marketing dept has the data to back that up and rationalize their decision.

Dammit you know what I mean lol.

Ford has made very good trucks for a while, my Uncle trades his in and gets a new one every 3 years or so. thumbs up That was actually the first car I learned on…taking turns in it and trying to judge distances for the first time was…nerve-wracking.

I’ve driven a few recently made Mustangs, and they’re nothing to appraise, but they’re not terrible. The Focus isn’t that comfortable, although I could learn to live with it. My parents Ford Explorer we owned 10 years ago was a piece of crap, there wasn’t a time when it didn’t have a problem.

I know they can build great cars because they’ve done it before. Shelby, 5.0s, SVT’s, the 4.6L supercharged mustangs which weren’t underpowered pigs…dammit, the people at Ford know how to build nice cars, they just focused on the truck/SUV market for too long.

I know they can build good cars, but I have yet to see something truly stand out in their lineup today :wink: It’ll come.

(note to Ford crazies: I’m not bashing Ford, so don’t go there dammit…)

edit: Almost forgot. That new 40+ mpg Ford econocar coming over from Europe? I’d rock that if I was looking at buying a new car for good gas mileage, it’s a well designed car and I like it.

the only ford i would ever own would be a fox body mustang. so fine…

but i would have to learn to live with that nasty powersteering noise. ugghhh

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM M M

i guess i hate domestic cars because im a bandwagon jumper and not because ive owned 2 fords that FUCKING SUCKED and my gf owns a chrysler that FUCKING SUCKS, which will be gone this spring because it sucks sooooo bad…

not because ive actually given them a shot, and driven them for a while, and hated it, and moved to the proverbial “greener pastures”… which are much, much greener in case you were wondering.

to say that people hate something FOR NO REASON is extremely childish… i have my reasons. i think ive voiced them enough on here, and if you need a reminder, search my sn.

too little too late my man. do you really think anyone on here would be able to afford this siiqqq new sho when its finally released? and of the 1% that are financially able to, do you really think that this car will be something theyre going to even look at?

I do.

Well maybe if you would stop buying cars that were 15yo than they wouldn’t break or start on fire or what ever mishap you had with your old domestic. Try driving a newER car and you might actually be surprised.

In regards to people being able to afford this car. I’m sure they are plenty. Just because you are broke doesn’t mean everyone is. Go drive your 15yo BMW and leave the $37k cars to those who can actually afford them.

You’re living in the past, man! Get real, you’re basing your beliefs on OLD vehicles!!! I could counter your argument with my high mileage (228k now) SHO which gets me to work every day. I know you have had your shit with domestics…but I’m pretty sure I’ve read posts about your issues with imports.

Go buy yourself a new domestic, shit go TEST DRIVE, bring it home for the weekend…then make a decision as to how the domestics are doing TODAY.

I have plenty of friends who drive non-domestics, and know the pros and cons that come with them, so stop preaching about “greener pastures”…because their not as green to me as they are to you.

And I KNOW 99% of NYSpeed can’t afford the new SHO, let alone many other new cars. This is also the same group of people of people who are too close minded to live in the now and realize their views of domestics are DATED.

Man, all I ever get from these posts is you really, really suck at buying used cars. :slight_smile:

Thank you for completely missing my point.

:picard:

With a few mods and some really fat slicks this car might be faster than the NASCAR version of the Taurus at The Glen.:biglaugh: Well not on the short course but maybe on the real course.:fry::lol:
Not really just sayin…

What was your point?

The auto trans already exists for this platform while a manual does not. Hence auto —> then manual. Makes sense to me.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying in regards to performance numbers being better in the manual and there being a greater performance buzz. This issue here in regards to trans offerings is, and always is, cost. Plain and simple it was a lot cheaper to modify the current auto trans for a higher performance version of this car then it was to go to a blank sheet of paper and try to design a manual trans ready for vehicle launch.

yeah, Ford’s marketing department must be awesome

How much money did the loose last year? How much money did the bailout just throw to them?

Are you serious?

And look how well Nissan’s doing, they’re asking the EIB to fund their R&D nowadays.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/rbssConsumerGoodsAndRetailNews/idUKLH68942020090218
http://www.easybourse.com/bourse-actualite/renault/nissan-seeking-loans-from-eib-to-fund-r-d-FR0000131906-618173

:walter:

Someone want to take a shot at an English to English translation for this guy?

All i have to say is if your in a '10 Mustang GT and older, watch out for the '10 SHO! Too funny to build a tauras with more HP then the GT. I know in 2011 its a different story though.

Yet ANOTHER example of an NYSpeed member rambling off on a topic they have no comprehension of…

Do you idiots know how to read??? This isn’t classified information here.