Death Sucks

*** Sadness Spoiler ***

As some of you know, over the last 3 weeks or so my family has been struggling with my grandfather. He’s 89 years old and has always been real healthy. He’s one of those old people who never seem “old” and, although I’d like to see old people re-take their drivers tests, I don’t think he would have had a problem passing it again.

He was admitted to the VA hospital (which is the shittiest place on earth, BTW) with all sorts of problems a few weeks ago. And after a few things progressed, yesterday the doctors said there was nothing more they could do for him and are basically just giving him morphine to dull the pain before he dies.

Needless to say, this totally screwed with my family yesterday as I’m sure is only a natural reflex of dealing with death…

… but then the day got worse…

Our family cat that we’ve had for years - best, most loving cat I’ve ever had - had a seizure in our basement. She lost all control of her body from her middle to her tail. Using only her front feet, she managed to crawl up a flight of stairs to the main level of our home where she collapsed from exhaustion. My Mom heard her crying and found her. They took her to the emergency room, where the doctors said there was no way they could help her. So she was “put to sleep.”

… and then it got even worse

My Uncle (son of my Grandpa who is on his death bed) was killed in a car crash. I don’t know the details behind it, but I do know that he visited my Grandpa earlier yesterday and that likely played some part in it. My mom had to run to ECMC to identify his body. If you watched the local news, they had stories about it this morning. (If you go to www.wivb.com you can watch Melissa Holmes report from the crash site in the Video News player. It’s the “Amherst man killed in Alden” piece.)

So now I have two funerals to plan. I would have had 3, but the vet took care of the cat’s.

So, 10/1/07 is a day that absolutely blew. :tdown:

That sucks, Josh. My condolences.

Im sorry to hear that, good luck

Fucking shit. Damn man.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Wow. :tdown:

Sorry to hear that, i’ve never had all that happen to me on one day, but i’ve had something like it spaced out over 3-4 days in a week about 4 times this year. lost 3 friends, 4 aunts, 1 cousin, 1 friend of the family, and a few fish(but there fish so it didn’t bother me as much as a cat would’ve)

I am very sorry to hear what has happened with your family.

My condolences to you and your family.

So sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and ur family.

Sorry to hear about all this josh.

I wish you the best.

very sorry to hear josh. If you need to someone to talk to or want to go get away for a bit, give me a call.

Damn man, that terrible. Condolences to you and your family.

Wow, I’m sorry to hear about this. My condolences to you sir. :frowning:

Sorry Bro…

Wow Josh, I’m really sorry :frowning: My condolences to your family.

My God… I’m sorry Josh.

Terrible news.

My condolences.

damn josh sounds like a day, So sorry for your losses.

Sorry to hear about this Josh. One tragedy is hard enough to deal with but three? Plenty of people around here that would be willing to help you out, present company included.

sorry to hear.

Damn thats horrible.

My condolences to you and your family:(

Aw, I’m sorry.

Same thing happend to me earlier this year. My aunt killed herself, then the next day my grandpa died. Also in the VA hospital. The fucking worst place ever. That place is a fucking joke.