Delta Sonics Rail System what size tire is safe

I would like to be able to take my car through delta once in awhile in the winter to get the salt and crap off. But I’ve been told by a few people that it will gouge up my rims because the guide rail is high. Anyone know or have experience going through there with low profile tires? My winter set up is 225-45-17. I try getting it hand washed but its a hassle to get over there and they wont come pick it up because no one there can drive stick

Just find one of those “touchless” washes. The ones at Mobil stations are pretty good. No rails to worry about.

I’ve been through without any issue. 235/45/18 i believe

If you go there, they have a tool inside the booth that is the same width as the track that they can use to measure your rim/tire setup. I had to do this on my truck with my 20x10’s and 295/55/20’s; and just made the cutoff. If you really want to take it through Delta instead of stopping at a touch-less place, I’d stop by and have them check your tire/rim size with that tool.

those suck, I can piss on a car and make it cleaner…

Choda took his mustang through a delta sonic… i think he has 295 wide tires?

My datsun fit with 275’s

Not sure but I can tell you the car wash in Springville is about .125" too narrow for the mirrors on a Ferd Super Duty. Ouch. :frowning:

When I went through with my 2001 5 series they always had me confirm the year because the newer models (2006 rings a bell for some reason) will scrape the rail and remove the plastics on the underbody.

Touch less wash ftw. Delta will try to run anything trough their washes.

My passat was pretty slammed and had some free washes i figured I’d attempt to use. After asking if i was too low or if my wheels were too wide (9" wide rears). They were adamant that it would make it no problem to the point where they were calling other employees over to push my car into the tracks. I got out and demanded them to stop. Thankfully it was wedged on a skid plate I had and they caused no damage.

During the winter I get the “works” wash at the touch free carwash at the corner of Millersport and North Forest. I think it does a pretty good job but it doesn’t dry very well. I always dry it off myself afterwards.

I invested in a California squeegee (if that’s how you spell it) and I have never looked back. Wash your car yourself and use this to dry the car and you will love live.

I use this one a bunch. It has the underbody wash when you pull in. Cleans everything off like a champ!

That doesn’t do shit while there is salt on your undercarriage…

I will have to check that out, the width isnt what im worried about though. I need the sidewall to be enough so it wont ruin the wheels. If it works I wouldnt mind getting that unlimited pass and getting a wash every day.

My car sits pretty low so the under body panels are a concern but it will fit over the air/hydraulic lift at the shop with the feet removed.

I can’t even tell you how many 20inch wheels come in completely trashed because of those rails.

If your car is pretty low then fuck no to delta.

My brother has a svt focus that only had eibach springs and that was too low for them. It barely cleared getting in and cracked and broke his front bummer getting off. They denied it up and down and only offered him 3 free super kiss washes as an apology for the damage after weeks of arguing

It depends on if the paint has any wax/protection on it or not. With Opti-Coat 2.0, my car exits a Laserwash squeaky clean.

At the OP location the conveyor is approx. 12.75 inches wide which is just a couple mm smaller than a 325 width tire.

I’ve been through the NFB/Maple Delta with 225/45-17 and 245/45-17s

I’ve gone through delta with my current car and it sits pretty low on all 4 corners. (225/45R17s)