Diagnosis

I need someone to come over and check out my rx-7, i wanna know what i need to replace to get the car started.

Shouldnt take more then a Half Hour.
Faster i can get this done might be able to bring it to Niagra Meet.
Located in Etob

Pm me for exact addy.

Uhg rotaries, I probably wouldnt be much help to you, rotaries arnt my thing.

Whats happening with the car when you crank it? does it fire at all or just nothing?

Funny…

I thought Mo was the master mechanic or some shit. Putting together a beastly VG powered FC… and here he is troubleshooting getting the 13B running.

GL man.

^^ lool when you find a car, we’ll talk okay, its been like a year dan about time you get one. and nope no crank.

I dunno if you have already but start with the simple things then, battery, starter, fuses, wiring etc.

How do i check if starter is working?

Here’s what you do… Take out the rotors and put in some new pistons… It should work pretty nice. :wink:

Here’s what you do… Take out the rotors and put in some new pistons… It should work pretty nice. :wink:

You can tell if the starter is working based on whether or not the motor cranks over.

I’m guessing if you put the key in the ignition and turn it, lights dim, but nothing happens?

Rotaries are just like piston motors to this point. They still need power to the starter motor.

It’s when they do run, sort of, only badly and rich/oily that they start being rotaries.

Check for voltage at the starter.

It could be (in order of likelihood)

Fuse (starter)
Bad wiring/connections to the starter
bad starter

If there is 12+v at the starter when you crank it, the starter is boinked.

Pull it out, and bench test it. There are 3 posts on the starter (most of them) I haven’t had an FC starter in my hands for a few years, so I can’t remember off hand.

Typically there’s 3, one for 12v, one to bridge 12v and one ground.

One 12v fires out the bendix, the other makes it spin.