Did I mention We Build Honda's Too?

Well this has been an ongoing project for us and the customer over the past year. It all started with a GSR built for high boost and has progressed to this point today. The customers goal is somewhere around the 450hp mark.

Engine:
B18C1
Mahle Pistons 9:1 Compression
Eagle H Beam Rods
3 Angle Valve Job
Edlebrock Intake Manifold
68mm S2 TB
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Chipped and Socketed P06
GM 3 Bar MAP

Intense Custom Manifold (Shawnspeed)
GT30 76R
Tial 44mm WG
Full 3" Exhaust incl Metal Core Vibrant Cat
Precision Intercooler
Intense Custom Piping (Shawnspeed)
Turbosmart Boost Tee
Turbosmart BOV
Spal Fan
Koyo Rad

Update

Had some unexpected issues at first so this is only at 12lbs of boost once we get the replacement controller we will up the boost and shoot for some higher numbers.

Some more updates

Pretty cool, nice work :slight_smile:

Sick Bro! haha

You guys really need to hire a professional tig welder.

^ do you wanna pay this “professional” tig welders salary? If not STFU

All im saying is those welds look like barf - not something i’d really want to advertise as a performance shop. Im not hating on anyone - im sure they hold, but they are not even close to nice.

also - one of the employees could take a welding course, im sure thats a viable option.

Which welds are you talking about?

[QUOTE=Tacoboy;349175]All im saying is those welds look like barf QUOTE]

what are you talking about? lets see some of your tig welds then

lol

um, the manifold, exhaust, all of those are terrible. Im sorry to say it but when that shit heats up, BYE BYE.

You seem to like to contridict yourself.

I am sure you would be quite aware that the part you are looking at is called a filler pass. The weld underneath this is called the root pass which is what gives you the strength and seal. The reason you don’t see the heat coloring is due to the fact we wire brush everything so that when the manifold is heat cycled you do not see the discoloring.

The rest of the welding on the exhaust was done with a MIG welder.

Adrian

Wow, unnecessary abuse. As always, its easier to criticize than it is to be constructive. I’m sure they stand behind their work.

to some extent

^^^^WE WOULD HAVE STOOD BEHIND YOU AS WELL MIKE BUT YOU TOOK MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. one might say you make you own bed. im not here to start this b/s back up either whats done is done. many projects have my manifolds and none have failed yet. so im im confident that this one will be fine aswell.

Taco whatever… who cares what they look like, as long as they hold! which they should i have seen there work in some cars and its all good!! and if you cant weld… STFU!! or back your Shyt up by doing something!

THAT IS ALL!!

the only problem i have is that i didnt get what i paid for.
and instead of getttin it fixed when said ud cover it i had to pay more labour.

and paying 200 each time to tow adds up

ok guys lets relax, im not agreeing with anyone but the STFU statement against tacoboy was completely unnessasary. I took a welding coarse when i took my automechanics coarse infact it was a major modual, and yes ive seen nicer welds and yes ive made nicer welds butttttt if they hold they hold its not about looks its about quality here, so lets not get G-unit up in here.

On another note this car looks pretty mean although id have to kill myself if i ever got into a frontal crash YIKESSS