Digression from PRP post.

yeah thats the problem with me, if i had stupid money i’m afraid i may be a different person. I cant stop buying shit for the car as it is, and if i had millions im sure i’d spend it all and be a different person

Most times working for it makes it worth more, but not always. i.e. I was givin my grandfathers pontiac, it needs restored, will cost a lot to restore as it has been sitting since 1968, but in the end it was givin to me, and I will never part with it.

:rofl:

its under who’s quote tool bag

i wasn’t talking about people who buy a 30k car, i’m talking about people who spend 30k for engine and suspension work that they don’t do themselves. you all know the kids i’m talking about. if you know how to build your car, why pay someone to do it for you? i’ll take the satisfaction of knowing that i built the motor and not some shop.

Just because you built your motor doesn’t make you a better person than the guy who gives a shop 20K to build his motor for him.

I have rebuilt motors on just about every car I have had, but it was out of necessity. Now that things are getting better financially for me, I probably will not build another motor, I would rather pay someone to do it and just enjoy the fun of driving it. And the fact that I have better things to do on my weekends that wrench in a garage. :slight_smile:

If I had the money when I was younger, I would have paid someone to do all the work I did on my cars.

I have to agree with a lot of the opinions in this thread. It all has to do with how parents raise their kids. My parents raised me to be respectful and to be grateful for what I have. We were always a single income family and we didn’t always get what we wanted. Even once my dad was making really good money we still did not just throw it around. I did have cars given to me in HS and college (a 95 Altima and a 98 Cutlass) that were my parents old cars. They paid for gas and insurance (I paid gas in college), but the only reason that I had the cars was so that they didn’t have to drive me around.

My parents didn’t go out of their way to spoil me and I am glad that they didn’t. I see all these bratty little kids and teenagers now and it makes me sick. You gotta wonder what these kids are going to be like in 10 or 15 years.

I have rebuilt motors on just about every car I have had, but it was out of necessity. Now that things are getting better financially for me, I probably will not build another motor, I would rather pay someone to do it and just enjoy the fun of driving it. And the fact that I have better things to do on my weekends that wrench in a garage.

If I had the money when I was younger, I would have paid someone to do all the work I did on my cars.

That is exactly how I feel.

I will Pay some one all day to do the wrenching… I don’t have the time nor a good place to do it. I want to enjoy my stuff by driving it.