DirecTv Users/Lovers/Haters, Come on In.

my Uncle just got Direct TV and he loves it…he never has had an issue with losing signal so far and said their Installation was top notch…he has the Upgraded Premier Channel and Sports package I guess and and pays $89…he uses the 29.99 Adelphia for internet…I am seriously thinking of switching…cause for the package i would get it would be like 60 for DirectTV and 30 for Adelphia internet…thats almost a 40 dollar savings from my current adelphia/time warner bill and i would actually get more stations.

If you do, Let me know I can have a Rep call you whenever you want.

ok, guys. I just ordered fios from verizon and its getting installed tomorrow. I NEED an alternative to get me outta TW. I NEED to have HD DVR. I do not care for hbo’s and other packages, however I do NEED “the CW” since alot of my favorite shows are on this channel. I also would like to have all my locals and possibly in HD? Will someone please get into contact with me? Im interested in doing this asap.

PM sent.

The 622 HD/DVR receiver is going to be free for Dish Network starting Feb 1st. I’d wait until then for sure.

Can you recored 2 things at once with the DVR on dish?

You can actually record 3 things at once if you have an off air antenna hooked up for it. The 622 receiver works with 2 different TV’s. If you have a phone line you don’t get an additional TV fee. You can use the 2nd line to run to a different TV or picture in picture on the first TV. This allows you to record something on TV2 and watch it on TV1.

so if only have it hooked to 1 tv i have to watch what im recording?

No, you can watch something and record a differnt show at the same time. The installer will just set it to single mode. It will record on the 2nd tuner while you’re watching TV off the first tuner.

Currently i can record 2 things on the same tv. I have to be watching one of the recorded programs. Seems similiar. I really love my hd dvr though.

With this one you don’t have to be watching a previously recorded show. You can watch a live show and record a different live show off the 2nd tuner and a 3rd live show off of the OTA.

Last week I recorded something on a regular definition channel, while recording Rome on HBO HD, while watching 24 on Fox HD via the OTA tuner, all on the same box. DishNetwork, Vip622 receiver.

Pretty much every led on the front of the box was on. :slight_smile:

im getting direct tv soon as well, fuck time warner

Once i get zee fios i’ll look into this further.

you still work there?

bump

my new place comes with a basic directTV package (60 channels I think) included in rent. I want to go to the HD package though, do you have to get the “works” package to get HD channels?

where the hell u moving now?

Clarance (Coventry green apartments)

why?

closer to work. It cuts my commute by approx 1 hour daily (and about 50 miles)

edit: they’re nice places too, very pimp

lol at 900 a month for a single, no thanks.

pssshhht, I got’s a double :smiley:

(anyone looking for a roomate? lol)