Dish Network comes through with a big slap in the face

Oh I almost forgot. Dish just bought the entire slingbox company. I wonder what lies ahead with that acquisition?

[quote=“JayS,post:47,topic:40091"”]

You seem like a cool guy, but vote for ban. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I ugh, was watching it cuz my gf was ugh recording it. Honestly…

…and the chicks are hot… yeah.:picard:

Directv has the feed up and running, its showing up in my channel guide, so tonight is the night that we will see sabres in HD on directv.

GO dish network!!!

lol

Proof

I’m a little late…

But yes you can split your OTA feed. I have a pair of “silver sensors” in the attic, running to a 1 - 3 splitter. Each of the three recievers are fine with this.

And, no, it’s not $20/mo per reciever. I have to 622s and only pay one $20 fee.

…and, I’m curious about sling box too. any update?

I just pulled my original dish paperwork out and I signed up 11/15/06 with an 18 month contract so I’ve got about 5 months left. That puts me past the end of the Sabres season, at least the part that I have to worry about MSG, so I guess over the summer if they don’t get the MSG HD feed I’ll be switching to DTV.

Just glad I won’t have to switch to TW to get Sabres in HD next season. :tup:

I was looking online and noticed that it doesn’t appear the DTV HD DVR box has the dual tuners like 622 at Dish does. It was showing I’d need 4 receivers to get 4 rooms as opposed to the 2 I have with Dish.

^Yes, i’ve been considering the same thing.

I love Dish for its tech & interface et al… but 82 games a year is kinda important.

huh, my hddvr box has 2 tuners not sure where u were looking.

hr20-700

-) High Definition TV Output (via HDMI and Component)
-) 2 Sets of RCA (Red/White/Yellow Outputs) - 1 S-Video
-) 1 Optical Digital Output
-) Dual SAT Tuners
-) Dual ATSC Tuners
-) Wired RJ-45 Ethernet Port
-) External SATA Connection
-) 300gb SATA Internal Hard Drive
-) RF Remote Compatible with the Included RC24, and the soon to be released RC32RF

Estimated Recording Space (Not a cumulative value)
~ 30 Hours of MPEG-2 (OTA) HD
~ 50 Hours of MPEG-4 HD
~ 200 Hours of Standard Definition (SD)

Unit was manufactured by PACE
The Official Model Number: HR20-700

Well, 82/2, since its only home games.

But regardless, Dish Network needs to get their shit together and get that channel or they will be losing a lot of the WNY market.

Confirmed HD on dtv, yay!

u dont have a reciever that operates 2 seperate telivision. The benifit of time warner is one they are finally getting a rf antenna reciever and the hd recievers are practically free. but u wont believe how many retards think because they have a hd reciever they get a better picture

dual tuners means something else than what jay was saying i guess.

dual tuner means that i can operate two tv sets in two seperate rooms with two seperate remotes showing two different channels… off of one settop box.

i have 3 dual tuners in my house. 6 displays & remotes.

what jay is saying he has 2 recievers in a house they operate four tv independently. ur dual tuner is u can record and watch tv

with my 622 dual tuner, i can have two pre programmed events dvr’g while im watching whatever i want on tv1. pause & record working in full.

again, Dish tech :thankyou:

Yeah, my 622 actually has 3 tuners and I can record on all 3 at once. Sat 1, Sat 2 and antenna 1. I’ve actually had all 3 red recording lights on a few times too. It looks like a christmas tree when you do that.
3 reds = recording 3 shows.
1 Yellow = power
1 green = tuner 1
1 blue = tuner 2

lol nice, i can record 3 things at once now also, DTV on demand is awesome!!! now they just need to fill it with more HD stuff.

Probaly but that is not TW code. What you see right now on buffalo division systems is Sara and SaraC(Ocap boxes) which is Scientific Atlanta’s Resident Application it has buges that are like 6-7 years old that SA’s still has fixed. The is one major reason for TW working towards rolling out the TW Navigator, that and marketing reasons of having a seamless interface at all sites.

The new stuff is great but it is not perfect yet buy a long shot which is the reason why it hasn’t been rolled out in masses. With that being said it is still leaps and bounds above SA’s bs interface.

Umm have you looked at FiosTV pricing? It is about spot on with TW’s and they do bundling like TW does. VZ does charge much higher lease rates for there settops but they have multiroom systems, damn them for using a Motorola Headend and settops… TW is stuck with SA crap.

I am having TW installed tomorrow (employee i get it for free so why not) but i have DirecTV now and the long and short answer is fat chance in hell. and 100 bucks they have wanted 200-300 lately for the hd dvr units. I have heard of people being able to find the right cs person to bitch to and get upgraded for free.

Woah kudos to DTV for getting the hd feed for sabres. That offically makes me envious of DirecTV subscribers superior hd lineup and sabres in hd are ++. If i wasn’t a TW employee and not getting service for free I would definitely be staying DTV and wining my way into a deal for a dtv hddvr.

Jay if you do go DTV be careful on the HD-DVR reciever you get, the one they seem to be shipping now and selling in the store (HR21 which is colored glossy black) has not OTA spot since you prefer OTA you want a HR20 box. Not sure how many if any local hd’s DTV carries.