DMCC - 08

Yeah, I must say, it wasn’t right that the Amateur session was bumped up and the competition was done by 2pm! Most of the guys I was talking to were up real late getting their rides ready for competition. It would have been nice to have crowd reaction and exposure for the guys that probably worked way harder than some of the pros.

I know they’ll change this… I bet Kendrick himself will read all this and he’ll make it up to everyone, right DriftOps? Ahem… VIP Drift Day?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I gotta lot of respect for people who love drifting and volunteered just to be involved with the sport. The volunteers worked their asses off, they were running most of the day, I thought they did a good job.

Kendrick too, that guy was everywhere doing whatever it took to keep the event going, awesome job Kendrick.

Good event, not great.
If there had been a concrete wall instead of water and plastic I wonder how that would have changed the event…

I think running the amateurs in between the pros would just make pro drifters look that much more amazing.

Definitely needed a bigger selection for food, I can only handle eating hot dogs for one meal a day.

The actual drifting was excellent, too bad Pat and Vlad had to face each other right off the bat.

Let us hear :slight_smile:

^maybe the idot in the blue Skyline doing a burnout at the lights @ Sheppard/Downsview spraying all our cars with crap then causing an accident? You know who you are I hope those guys who got out of their car didn’t let you off easy.

Yeah I’m +1 with PureEuroM3, I want to know what went on. I heard a mad amount of police sirens when I was just about to leave and decided to pull off to the side of Grand Prix Kartways and wait there. Was pretty cool, saw the guys at Intense Motorsports loading their trailer.

yeah I was told about this incident as well.

It involved the ONIJDM Skyline and other ricer cars like a mazda 3 or something. ONI’s rear window got smashed and this and that. My friends were able to bail the skyline out tho.

This isn’t the first time something stupid like this involving the same car…

Another incident also happend at TMP with ONIs Skyline. It was near the pits with a BIG crowd doing a 30 second burnout causing the drifters doing their runs to mess up because of the smoke.

Now people wonder why cops raid events like this because stupid people do stupid things.

Seriously, people need to grow up…makes us drifters look bad.

Funny you should mention a blue Skyline…I saw that same car burning out as it was leaving the show area about 10minutes before I heard the sirens. Figures…what exactly did the driver do to cause an accident? I left a little while after you guys did with the trailer (maybe you saw me in the black S13 sitting infront of the airplane hangar there lol). The whole reason I was parked there was because I knew for sure someone had done something stupid and cops were everywhere. What were those guys doing?

that sucks

hahaha thats actually crazy I was at the OniJDM booth a lot that day (around it talking to Mitch and Stephan etc) but i didnt even realize that was bings booth as well lol.

haha blue Skyline LMAO!!! who was that!?

You Full well know the owner of the Skyline in quesiton and that fact that it is owned by that person and NOT ONIJDM.

Just like my car is owned by ME, and registered in MY name.

OniJDM as a company is NOTresponsible for individual’s actions…As close to us as those individuals maybe, we are all big enough to learn from these incidents.

Yep! its tru! Veloz did u see my car at the shop?

Hey guys, thanks for all your comments and suggestions. As some of you might know I am new to the DMCC team this year, taking on the responsibility of Director of Operations. Im learning just like everyone else hoping to push the sport in Canada. 2008 has been a success so far, building new relationships globally (USA, Singapore, Mexico, Canada and UK) to get Canada’s drifters out there. On top of that we have solid plans for 2009 that will help bridge USA and Canada.

Constructive criticism like these help aid in future plans. One thing I am proud of is the amount of commitment all of you have to the sport. Our volunteers and drivers were amazing this year!

Here’s some info based on your comments:

MC - Jarod is awsome but out of his normal environment. With a little more time spent with our drivers and staff he will grow into the scene and provide the voice needed for the canadian drift scene.

Wait times - I agree, there was a lot of waiting around mostly due to drivers crashing into barriers. those things are freaking heavy and I’m glad we had the solid network of volunteers that we did that day. I would have opted for concrete barriers but due to costs it just was not feasible this round.

Tiny Track - We did what we could with downsview this year. With construction of their new soccer fields we lost about 10feet on the main track as well as the run up from last year. Nothing we can do about that and I think we did a good job in providing drivers the best layout possible under those conditions

Track Scheduling - Fri/Sat event was decided by the venue. There was another event shortly after at Downsview and the time schedule was determined by PDP. I would have loved a Sat/Sun event but that week was the only time slot available for downsview after BMW bookings and before End of Sept.

Show & Shine - Arranged by Street Concepts

Bing - Sorry dude, we’re not skimping on the bill, the day was so busy it slipped our minds. I believe Alex C has arranged payment with Alex Lee for you. Again my apologies dude

Amateur Time Slots - We realize that there is not enough time in a 2 day session to have amateur and pro events. Trying to pack in setup, teardown, amateur practice, amateur competition, pro practice, pro competition, driver signings, sponsor demos/requests, staff break, media/staff/driver meetings is a tall feat in a 2 day event. Going forward after next year we will be adopting 2 day pro events . Amateur events will be run separately with your affiliated local groups. Running DMCC and amateur is very taxing on my part. We all know what the Ontario drift scene is like now with tracks shutting down and drivers having no place to go. I urge you all to get together with your local contacts and make something happen for 2009. If you want drift to work in Ontario do something about it, help organize track days, build teams, talk to sponsors, create a network and work with local groups like Drift Ops and CSCS to organize a solid plan for 2009. DMCC will be there to help but don’t expect us to take on the full responsibility. You all have the ability to support the cause so lets get something together. DMCC is releasing 2009 plans at SCP this year. I suggest all of you get something together by then and attend the Gala to announce your plans. If you need any help Im always here. Email or call me. Don’t PM cause I’m hardly on the boards

My door is always open, don’t hesitate to email me or call if you have ideas on how to help the drifting scene.

Looking forward to your comments

Cheers
Kendrick

Amatuer

Amatuer

Amatuer

Actually, I don’t know who OWNS it since I’ve heard so many different stories. I just know who drives it. Even if it isn’t owned by ONIJDM, that skyline represents and reflects ONIJDM since its plastered away with a huge ONIJDM decal, not to mention it was under the ONIJDM booth.

That’s why it’s so important to act accordingly and responsibly when being sponsored and rocking a huge ass decal.

People on the streets will see the actions of the sponsored car will think the EXACT same thing. It doesn’t matter if its owned by the company or not. Once you represent the company, you are in a way part of it. You have to see it from the eyes of the public.

You should know better than that Raf.

Back on topic now, sickkkkkk ass event.

thread moved to members only so that non-registered users cannot view it…

apparently people like to gossip over comments read on SON.

and just to reiterate… the event was good. The drifting was AWESOME… best i’ve seen in Canada.

The only concerns anyone has is from the management of rest of the venue and the fact that DMCC is considering dropping the amatuer.

These are both issues that are easily rectified, let’s all hope they are so that next year is even bigger… two more grandstands full at least so that Kendrick doesnt have to come tell us all to back up behind the line.

so what happened with the skyline?