Do you guys think I have a Warranty claim against SOA?

I cross posted this from NASIOC. Everyone else with a 2008 impreza/wrx/sti is having the same problem, and many have got it covered under warranty. Now, the pictures look like it is just the lighting,but the paint is actually so sandblasted.
I;m planning on going to the dealer to show them this…

Hey guys here is some pics of my 2008 OBP Subaru wrx.
My car has 4,500 MILES on it, here it is after a wash… now, the rear panels infront of the rear tires are so sandblasted they look grey. For comparison, my brother is driving a maroon VW passat with 120,000 miles on it…with beefy ass winter tires and there is NO rockchips on the panels.
I also have a pin sized rust spot on my trunk…no idea where that came from!

this is BS. My car is a few months old and it already is this bad…I can’t imagine what it will look like in 5 years…i’m contacting SOA

you should have a solid chance then.

70% of that can be fixed by a good detailer but it’s still rather pathetic overall.
a clay bar and some paint cleaner alone will make that look better to the point they won’t cover you - thus, you don’t have a prayer.

a lot of what you’ve shown is stuff both in and on the paint, and not lack of paint. If you can show actual rust then you’ve got a chance.

Okay, then i’ll wait until 15,000 miles when the paint is down the the metal…

Also, can anyone explain why my trunk has a rust spot on it? WTF!?

Porsche now has 3M film on that area from the factory for some of their vehicles

my lotus had 3m there.

the pin hole is probably contamination in teh paint from the factory that got rubbed out when buffed and now there is a hole in the paint causing it to rust

That sucks man. Such a new car though, they’ll get it into the paint shop.

Washed my car today. I have so much rail dust built up from the winter…

Subaru paint FTW

If they don’t cover it there is no way I’d buy a Subaru.

sweet imported paint

sucks i’d take it back and bitch up a storm

Yeah, I always knew subaru paint sucked…but this is just uncalled for… I have plenty of rock chips up front…but that is expected because I do a lot of highway driving…but this is just poor planning on subarus part.

I’m going to take it into the dealer and see if subaru will pay to have it re-sprayed.

like I said, my car is only a few months old and it’s already this bad…imagine what it will be like after 100,000 miles!

There is some type of material/decal there as you can see in the picture…but it seems like they just painted over it or something.
I owned a 2002 wrx and the paint was pretty shitty but deffintly not this bad

it just looks a lot worse than it really is… I’m telling you, 15 mins per side and it will look almost perfect… what the pics show is crap in and on top of the paint… it can be removed easily without power tools.

are you 100% sure that it’s a painted over decal?

clear 3m stuff can look like paint and it ALSO looks like that when it gets damaged.

it’s just the clear 3m stuff that many modern cars have… nothing special here… details back to new like the rest of the paint.

You should clean the area and take pics with it clean. What are those horizontal scratches above the 3m?

Since 1984…

do you have mud flaps on the front? 3m goes over the paint so either the 3m is damaged or you have road gunk on there, clay bar.

i can clearly see the original cut edge of the decal, its def not painted over