Does APD have an undercover F150?

Stop spreading urban legend bullshit. If an unmarked APD car, or any township car for that matter, tries to pull you over you have to pull over. That’s it. No “call and verify”, no “wait for him to wave to you”, nothing. It’s 100% legal in NY state for any township to use under cover police cars for traffic enforcement. Christ, I posted a link to the article when the law was signed and everything.

But if you’re so sure you’re right, go blow by an APD unmarked car and try driving around with him chasing you while calling 911 to “verify” he’s really a cop. The last police standoff was pretty entertaining TV and I wouldn’t mind watching another one.

glad the taxpayers can afford the gas

That not pulling over for an unmarked car law is because of d-bag, who bought a police crown vic, threw lights on it and pulled some lady over at night in a desolate area, handcuffed her, and raped her.

Yeha, I hope they continue buying the largest, completely unnecessary gas-guzzling SUV’s possible to use our tax payer money to fill.

Almost as bad as the DEC (Dept of Environmental Conservation) Tahoe sitting idling for 30 minutes while the officer sat inside a busy Subway, ordered, and ate lunch.

who cares, dont drive like a jackass and you have nothing to worry about.

Come on Jerry… you know they don’t just bust Jackasses.

you know what tho? My taxes go to TOA… I’m not complaining. :slight_smile:

You are wrong. Nobody is talking about blowing by an unmarked car but ANY township will tell you if you have suspision its NOT a police officer you do NOT have to stop right then and there, you can drive to a “more” public or lit up street or to your local police station. Yes you CAN use unmarked for traffic enforcement but usually they will use an unmarked car to radar and patrol cars will pull them and ticket them (ex: speed traps on 400). Very rarely will an unmarked car even try to pull you over unless your doing something VERY wrong

Have you ever driven through Tonawanda? I used to rent a house in the city of Tonawanda and they use an unmarked car to run radar on two mile creek all summer long. I saw him doing it last summer too.

APD generally uses that marked car that doesn’t have a light bar.

But yeah, don’t pull over when that unmarked Tonawanda car is flashing his grill lights at you after he hits you doing 40 in a 30 on two mile creek and see how that goes. I really don’t care if you get arrested, but I feel bad for the people you tell this stuff to who assume you’re right.

Executive Order No. 35, issued April 17, 1996 (Ordering that Unmarked Police Vehicles of the State of New York not be Used for the Routine Stopping of Motorists in Connection with Traffic Violations);

http://www.state.ny.us/executive_orders/exeorders/5.html

Personally, I’d like to see the use of undercover cars for routine traffic stops banned nationwide. It does add an unnecessary anxiety to traffic stops. But these suggestions to keep driving while you pull out your phone and call 911 to verify a police car are going to get people into a lot of trouble.

or an import!

Or steal rims from your employer. :wink:

or DWB.

yown of tonawanda has a grey 2500express van and a 03 chevy tahoe that are unmarked police vehicles

tires

For one, I promise you, I wont be getting arrested. You feel bad for the people who believe me that get arrested? I feel bad for the people you tell this to that gets raped or killed because they pulled over on a secluded road somewhere for a fuckin nutjob posing as a police officer. You say “verify every police car” who is saying that? How often have you been pulled over by an undercover police car? Or anybody at that, you can verify the ‘one in a million’ chance you might get pulled over by an unmarked car and you will not get arrested, why because its against procedure to pull over a car with an unmarked car, unless you HAVE to, Im not saying it doesnt happen. But when it does, no cop will arrest you for driving to a busy area or a parkinglot with camaras or a police station for that matter.

I love these broad statements with no proof what so ever to back them up. I can guarantee you it’s not against the city of tonawanda’s procedure because they do it all year long.

Whatever guy, you pull over for every unmarked car and preach your knowledge that you prob have no experiece relating and Ill voice my opinion/knowledge that I do have much experience relating. It depends on the departmental procedure if the police officer is allowed to pull you over. I dont know Tonowandas procedure but I do know others. But whether its Ton or Buffalo I will urge anyone and everyone that if they are being pulled over by a car that is not a marked police car, and they have reasonable suspision that its not a police officer to procede to a well lit area or a safe area (ie police station) and ANY police officer will tell you the same thing. Its common sense that at this day in age it could be anyone trying to pull you over.

I’m going to venture an opinion that unless you did something very wrong or stupid… you could prolly get away with driving until you reach a “well lit public place”, although I’m sure it won’t make the cop happy…

At least be sure to drive with respect to the officer following. i.e. put on a turn signal or hazards or something.

I dunno. Judgement call on a pretty rare situation.

I know that in the past I’ve driven ~1/4 mile after “pulling over”, with the popo behind me. I put on the hazards, and drove until I could get into a parking lot, simply cause Ididn’t want the guy to stand in traffic on sheridan @ 5pm on a Friday.
He was very appreciative… AFTER I explained why. Until then it was a fairly tense moment (with his hand on his holster).

Agreed.

The problem is the typical 18-25 male reader on here will take this as a reason to ignore the unmarked car that was clearly running radar at noon on a busy street. That person is just going to end up in a whole lot of trouble when they try and use the “I didn’t know you were a cop and thought you were going to rape me” excuse.

:lol:

It’s funny cause its true.