Does APD have an undercover F150?

dont the new black & white HBPD cars look baddass?

i think so. I designed them. easier to spot too. black nose white roof.

the thing HPPD has now that i question is the two brand new yamaha wave runners. Snky snky Jetski police. and the Harley cruiser. i kinda think its overkill. does the town of hamburg really need CHIPS? Harley cops would save the town some gas money. patroling on bikes instead of the VIc’s.

all kinds of good public info in hurrrrr. :tup:

Does hamburg really need jet ski cops? Between the coast guard, erie county sheriff, state police, border patrol, OPP and DEC there are days when you can almost walk from Buffalo to Canada hoping from one government agency craft to the next.

Meh, government is just like us. They want a shit ton of toys to play with.

Just write it off as public safety.

As far as i know the “only” Ford vehicles to come with a “Police Interceptor” badge is the 1999-current P71 Crown Victoria.

That Ford F-150 should not have come factory with said badge.It is very likely that someone put that “PI” badge on it.Why i do not know…

I see a few Police Departments around my area who also use 1 truck for verious dutys.My county Sheriff uses a Ford F-150,the NYSP now has a new Dodge Ram,ect…Basicly a PD’s truck is no different than any other truck.Their is no “Police Inteceptor” package truck,or any other “special” package for a Police truck.Also any truck i have seen used by a PD was always marked.

On a side note many SUV’s do have a “SSP” package (Special service package).This does not mean they are bult or intended for high speed pursuit.The only SUV that was built and can be used as a pursuit vehicle is the 2WD “Police” Chevrolet Tahoe.

i was kind of wondering it myself. i guess its public safety & patroling the treacherous waters of hamburg beach… :bloated:

there probably to be used as a perk. for the officer who fills his quota for tickets, gets a ski patrol day. who knows.

I was going to BJ’s plaza towards the Mckinley Mall and there was a blue F150 with a PI badge on it (lower right of the tailgate) but it was just a regular civilian car with a family in it. I wonder if that even legal to have on a non police vehicle.

sure it is, they sell used cruisers all the time, and they don’t debadge em.

putting an interceptor badge on your car is not illegal

painting your car black and white complete with police decal and light bars IS.

You can have two tone paint, pushguards, spotlights, antennas, radar units, factory interceptor badges anything and everything that looks like a police car EXCEPT blue or red lights OR the words “Police” or “Sheriff” or anything of the sort on the vehicle and police scanners are a no no obviously as well

Hell years back I even had a former Seneca nation police package Caprice that still had all the reflective stripes on it (blue and gold) with the badge emblems removed from the doors, I never had any problems from the cops for it

For that matter I have had about 8 ex-police cars and have NEVER been hassled solely on the premisis I am driving an ex-police car

Wrong! You must pull over, police officer can not issue you a summons but can make you wait for a black and white to show up.
Also any police officer can pull you over. UB , NFTA, NYS Park Police. I hear all the time o they cant tuch me, BS!

Yea thats all fine, its just the lights and decals.