Door locks malfunctioning

Anybody had this problem before?
I have a 95 240 that came with the stock keyless remote entry.
After that big rain we had a month ago, it stopped working.
I can still lock and unlock the doors using the switch inside the car, but the remote is not working at all.

Checked the batteries of the remotes and they’re good.
I was fine without using the remote. I just lock/unlock my doors manually.
So I’ve been doing this for a while now and then all of a sudden I’m finding that my doors unlock without me doing anything.

For example, I park the car. Lock the doors. Do whatever I gotta do.
Come back an hour later and my doors are unlocked.

Anybody know what’s going on??

this happens to my '95 Pathfinder… it’s like the power door locks have a mind of their own. sometimes i hit the door lock button, shut the door, and they immediately unlock… sometimes the doors stay locked after i shut em, but as i’m walking away (after like 10 seconds) i hear them unlock… other times they stay locked but i come out hours later and they’re unlocked :? and very rarely they actually stay locked.

all i can say is i’m glad i’m not living in Scarborough still!

get the FSM (if you don’t have it, I can send you the PDF files) and look at the schematic diagram for the power door lock.
Basically everything goes over the “Smart Entrance Control Unit”
You just need a multimeter… start checking the terminals on the control unit by following the steps in the FSM… it’s very easy actually, it’ll take you no more than 30 min to finish everything…

where is the smart entrance control unit located

I extracted all the relevant info from the FSM regarding the power door locks… get the PDF file from here http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FSFY7FPYHNL53GDAI1REMH70I
it’s only 500KB.

you can see approximately where the unit is… it uses the M20 connector.

Thanks Lith.

what’s it mean when my security light goes on and off intermitently?
Sometimes, when the security light goes on, the doors unlock.

There’s no distinct pattern to the light turning on and off.

Anyone know??