Dr.Jekyll Exhaust = works well on new setup

Nah man, the car is tuned with Autronic SM4…but will be replaced soon with something new.

hahahahaha that song was perfect

sorry my narration wasn’t as good as yours!

with a turbo do you not have some required back pressure ? does the open exhaust have to be a certain distance back from the exhaust side of the turbo…if its to close to the turbo /manifold,on decel, could you not suck back the outside air… ive seen enough cars with cracked manifolds or exh leaks that results in burnt valves due to bringin in the colder outside air

what kinda money did you shell out in the end?

what would the difference be is you dumped it after the cat?
thanx for your time

How much power is to be had versus the common 3" exhaust with no cats or resonators or restrictive mufflers? Your non dumped exhaust seems to have all of these, which is attributing to a larger gain when the dump actually opens. Not trying to bash the work (which is beautiful) but it is probably easier and cheaper for most people to use a run of the mill 3" exhaust and test pipe, unless you are having trouble with coppers, in that case this is an awesome system.

Nah man, the turbo is not sucking any air back into the system…I’m not even remotely concerned with that.

As for the money I’ve shelled out…got no friggin idea. If you are interested in some fabrication work, give Sasha a call at SGM. One thing I will say though is I often don’t worry about things cost when I build cars. I’ve learned enough to know that the only way I can get the results I want it to not event worry about it.

The difference after the cat would undoubtably be less power. The point of the dump is to have zero restriction. Adding restrictions will defeat what I was hoping to accomplish.

Even a 3" exhaust will certainly have more restriction that this design. But that’s really not important. The point was not to find a cheap option, the point was to build a system that had the very best of both Worlds.

With the dump closed, the car idles as quitely as a stock Honda Accord. Cruising the car is almost inaudible, perfect for having a conversation or listening to tunes. Open, the car transforms into a race car, loud, responsive and obnoxious.

The value in this system is not the cost or that there are cheaper alternatives. The fact that I can have two different cars and switch between then in lest than two seconds from the push of a button was the experiment…and the dyno is proof positive that it has worked.

I guess noone here knows who Dr.Jekyll OR Mr. Hyde are…

So Dan, the valve is a tight seal? No leak noise at all? I’ve always wondered that about those units.

I no eh Theo? I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

Yeah, the valve stays closed pretty tightly… no exhaust leak is heard in the car.

Who is Jerkyl?

damnit, i feel old for knowing what you’re talking about.

exhaust looks awesome!

I likey… hmmmmm…

Soundss dirtyyyyyyyyy dan

Nice numbers… as expected with an open exhaust.

I’ve always wanted to run a remote valve like that but I’ve always with held since they are not street legal… but I guess most cars aren’t really truly street legal anymore anyways.

Nice fab work Sasha.

great downpipe. so whats your excuse when a cop checks your exhaust with the dump lol

first off awesome piece and great write up, couple of questions
when the dump is open are you running a limp mode full rich due to the fact that your o2 bung is on the exhaust side? if that is your o2 bung i think more power could be had (dump open) if the 02 was positioned closer to the turbo
also have you done a pass with the dump closed to see if you lost any power compared to the orig down pipe?
just asking caz im interested in doing somth similar?

I think you need to do mor reading on what an O2 sensor actually does, and the differences between open or closed-loop. I think if you did some more reading you would be able to answer you own questions.

no i dont think i do.
i was trying to be nice and help you out but f-it
when your dump is open you are most likely running an open loop operation causing the motor to run full rich due to the fact that a large % of the exhaust is not passing the o2. at the very least the o2 is getting an incorrect reading.
also the god offal Y connection that is used to bypass the dump is causing much more back pressure than a normal down pipe or even an equally sectioned Y so the majority of the time you are running less power than a full exhaust
but ya mabie i will do more reading on what an O2 sensor actually does, and the differences between open or closed-loop.

^^ If you noticed he had different runs, with and without the dump open.
Dyno charts are posted above…

i dont think you understand what im saying there is no base line #'s
the only way this would work properly with the dump open is if the o2 bung in the picture is not used or is for a wideband or somth and the actual o2 is before the section shown

I think before you start trying to argue with Dan about tuning questions, or anything for that matter, you should first learn some grammer and sentance structure.

You just make yourself sound like a grade 3 retard when you post and I don’t think you want that kind of image, do you?

Ok bye!